Hacking Question How do I upgrade to a larger memory card if i use emunand, Hekate and Atmosphere?

sandlog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is answered somewhere but i've literally spent 2 days now searching here, youtube and discord. I can't seem to get a straight answer. Apologies if i spell something wrong or reference something incorrectly. I don't claim to be an expert in this.

Here's the short version.

I have a 128gb card with Hekate, Emunand and I boot into Atmosphere. I have about 15 games installed with various saves. I boot from hekate into CFM emummc

On the 128gb card everything works great. No issues.

But what are the steps to transfer EVERYTHING to the new card. I want my games and saves without having to reinstall everything.

I thought I could format my new 256gb with about 204gb fat32 partition and the other 32-34gb left for emunand? (which i also formatted to fat32)

So initially i just copied everything over and realized it doesn't work because the emunand? had hidden files? I don't know if this is true, I was getting mixed replies.

So I was told to use nx nand manager and backup it up that way and then restore it to the new card?

Sounded good. Took forever but no errors. I don't really understand where it is "Restoring" it to on the new SD card, but it said it was complete.

So i boot back to hekate, launch CFW emummc and i get to the main switch screen and NONE of my games are there. But the homebrew menu is there under gallery.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. The only comments I got were "it's easy" with no explanation.

It's really frustrating to wait as long as it takes to copy things over just to find out it didn't work AGAIN.

I attached a few screenshots to see if any of that helps.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to explain.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.47.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.47.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.47.21 PM.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc