1. sandlog

OP sandlog Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry if this is answered somewhere but i've literally spent 2 days now searching here, youtube and discord. I can't seem to get a straight answer. Apologies if i spell something wrong or reference something incorrectly. I don't claim to be an expert in this.

Here's the short version.

I have a 128gb card with Hekate, Emunand and I boot into Atmosphere. I have about 15 games installed with various saves. I boot from hekate into CFM emummc

On the 128gb card everything works great. No issues.

But what are the steps to transfer EVERYTHING to the new card. I want my games and saves without having to reinstall everything.

I thought I could format my new 256gb with about 204gb fat32 partition and the other 32-34gb left for emunand? (which i also formatted to fat32)

So initially i just copied everything over and realized it doesn't work because the emunand? had hidden files? I don't know if this is true, I was getting mixed replies.

So I was told to use nx nand manager and backup it up that way and then restore it to the new card?

Sounded good. Took forever but no errors. I don't really understand where it is "Restoring" it to on the new SD card, but it said it was complete.

So i boot back to hekate, launch CFW emummc and i get to the main switch screen and NONE of my games are there. But the homebrew menu is there under gallery.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. The only comments I got were "it's easy" with no explanation.

It's really frustrating to wait as long as it takes to copy things over just to find out it didn't work AGAIN.

I attached a few screenshots to see if any of that helps.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to explain.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.47.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.47.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.47.21 PM.png

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You have to make an image of your old SD card and flash it onto the new one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, upgrade, emunand