How do I update?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Sop, May 16, 2011.

May 16, 2011

How do I update? by Sop at 9:40 AM (1,010 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    Everytime I go to play Avis it says an update is required to play this content.. I'm already on the latest firmware!
    Also how do you jtag your xbox? I don't care about xbox live and have never had it.. All I use it for is cod zombie map packs and games but those have been dumped anyway haven't they? My xbox 360 is from beginning of 07 and is the 60gb one. It has only rrod once but that stopped when I turned it off and on again.

2. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You need to download the update from Xbox Live, if your connected it should come up automatically when you try to play another *.avi.

As for the JTAG, you say your on the latest firmware, so it's going to be impossible.

3. Sop
    OP

Australia
    Don't have xbox live..

Also my firmware is 2.012625.0
    Do you need serial number or id?

4. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You don't need an Xbox Live subscription, a silver account would be fine.

You firmware version needs to be 7371 or below for it to be possible to JTAG, at 12625 you are way past that.

5. Sop
    OP

Australia
    Any way to downgrade? Or do you know when my fwvwill be hacked?

6. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    NO chance of downgrading and there is no possible way that they will be able to jtag anything beyond 7371. The ONLY way to get a jtag is to buy a machine that has firmware 7371 or below. Good luck with that as jtags are getting more and more rare.

7. Gagarin

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok. I know that Fast and anybody will give you better explanation, but let me try:

To jtag your xbox, you need to do soldering on a board. When MS realized what was going on, they burnt the bridge in a firmware. Either buy ready jtag or jtagable, with very old firmware.

Jtag sounds good for you, all dlc, xbla and games playable from hdd. No disc swapping [​IMG]

Jtags could be expensive. Worst version of xbox (xennox) is from $100 up, if you want to buy Jasper xbox (latest version before slim) with jtag is about $300 and up.

So if I were you, I would keep your xbox for xbox live, and get jtag for single player games (you can't access xbox live on jtag).

Feel free to ask more questions, if you want to buy a jtag, let me know, I will direct you.
    Regards!

8. Sop
    OP

Australia
    Meh.. I will stick to torrenting on PC, I don't want to have to spend more money and I don't have a soldering iron. Also where does FAST work? Or how did he learn so much about technology? Because I am aspiring to be an electrical engineer.

9. Gagarin

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    He learn pirating from the best - he was soldering xboxes in Somalia for 3 years [​IMG]
    He is not typical English fellow. He does not like Arsenal Club, Depeche Mode and I even doubt that he is in love with the hot Pipa Midletown.
    Probably that is why he has time to answer all emails, pms and forum posts.

I wonder why he is so quiet in this post....

So, save up the money and get jtag. Be careful, each year they will be more expensive because there are less and less of them on the market. Unless somebody will come up with some super x360 hack for slim.

P.S.
    I think that Dingo is eating your baby [​IMG]