How do I update an patched switch emuMMC

Manaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I have an iPatched switch on 4.1.0 OFW I want to update the emuMMC to latest but most guides including the one at NH switch say "Updating emuMMC by dumping an updated firmware from your sysMMC"

So they are saying to first update your OFW via Nintendo update than dump that updated firmware using TegraExplorer, then use TegraExplorer to update your emuMMC.

Trouble is, on a iPatched switch updating the ofw beyond 4.1.0 will make it impossible to load any exploit.

Hope someone can help clear this up

Thanks

Manaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
download firmware to SD, run daybreak on emummc, install & good to go
Thanks that did the trick, this method also worked on my normal RCM switch, I don't understand why all these guides tell you to first update your OFW then dump it to the sdcard using TegraExplorer, then use that dumped firmware to update the emuMMC, I mean you can just download the firmware from GitHub or other sources, I don't use these cfw switches to connect to Nintendo at all so I see no point in updating the ofw of an RCMcfw switch. Especially if I want to keep the OFW old so there's no need to downgrade as it's only an emuMMC that's updated and that's on the SD card. Perhaps I'm missing something.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• 20230506_135118.jpg
    20230506_135118.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
Last edited by Manaboy,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok so I have an iPatched switch on 4.1.0 OFW I want to update the emuMMC to latest but most guides including the one at NH switch say "Updating emuMMC by dumping an updated firmware from your sysMMC"

So they are saying to first update your OFW via Nintendo update than dump that updated firmware using TegraExplorer, then use TegraExplorer to update your emuMMC.

Trouble is, on a iPatched switch updating the ofw beyond 4.1.0 will make it impossible to load any exploit.

Hope someone can help clear this up

Thanks
nh-switch is anti piracy so they won't mention "illegitimate" ways of getting firmware. You can get firmwares from that darth site (google it) and install it with Daybreak (included with Atmosphere)

Reactions: Manaboy

Manaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks that did the trick, this method also worked on my normal RCM switch, I don't understand why all these guides tell you to first update your OFW then dump it to the sdcard using TegraExplorer, then use that dumped firmware to update the emuMMC, I mean you can just download the firmware from GitHub or other sources, I don't use these cfw switches to connect to Nintendo at all so I see no point in updating the ofw of an RCMcfw switch. Especially if I want to keep the OFW old so there's no need to downgrade as it's only an emuMMC that's updated and that's on the SD card. Perhaps I'm missing something.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know what this is?
Turns out 00FF0000636CBFF is an expat toolbox in the content folder, can I delete this? Or is it required either for android or the fact that it's a 512gb micro SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol