How do I Unbrick my 3ds?

Jar5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a new 3ds xl that my brother tried to mod back in 2017 or 2018 anyways he didn’t do it correctly lost all forms of back up and now all it does is boot up and say “An error has occurred: Failed to mount CTRNAND press any button to shutdown”. This is old version of hourglass 9 it is v1.35 so any videos or posts aren’t really the same so they are difficult to follow. Does anyone know if it is possible to unbrick? I’ve attached pictures of what screens of what happens when I turn it on while pressing start and while pressing select. Any help would be very appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you should do a CTRTransfer.
But you might wanna test the sd card with h2testw first, to see it's not faulty or defective, since it wasn't checked before.
Then formatting it again as Fat32.
Then creating a nand backup just in case, follow the steps "creating a nand backup" here.
Then you can do ctrtransfer.

Jar5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you should do a CTRTransfer.
But you might wanna test the sd card with h2testw first, to see it's not faulty or defective, since it wasn't checked before.
Then formatting it again as Fat32.
Then creating a nand backup just in case, follow the steps "creating a nand backup" here.
Then you can do ctrtransfer.
I did CTRtranfer but I still received same error at the end, is it possible to unbrick or is all hope lost lol?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you should some pics of the error message? Also hold select and power on the system, and get a picture of the Luma3DS menu screen, so we can see if it updated or not.

Also, do you have the Luma3DS files on the root of the sdcard?
If you're on latest Luma3DS, you can follow section vi ctrnand Luma3DS here.

Last edited by CoolMe,

Jar5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you should some pics of the error message? Also hold start and power on the system, and get a picture of the Luma3DS menu screen, so we can see if it updated or not.

Also, do you have the Luma3DS files on the root of the sdcard?
If you're on latest Luma3DS, you can follow section vi ctrnand Luma3DS here.
Actually I got to step 24 of the ctrtranfer and when I hold start with power I get god9 menu

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I got to step 24 of the ctrtranfer and when I hold start with power I get god9 menu
This :> (step 24)"Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”"
When you rebooted the system (step 23) the error showed up? You didn't go to the home menu at all, right?
When I hold start and power on
Sorry, i meant holding "select". Post a pic here.
Also do the section vi "Luma3DS ctrnand" above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse