How do I transfer the os and files from a sata m.2 to a nvme?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Which OS? I mean, is it a dual boot setup? Windows? Linux?

If its Linux. They should be OS transfer tools. If it's windows, you will have to clone that drive.

What size are the drives?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your end goal, putting the NVME drive in your computer? You need a PCIe NVME M key slot if you want to use a NVME SSD, does your computer have one? As for cloning you can use Macrium reflect as @DinohScene mentioned or you can use like Acronis True Image if you got one.

Maybeyes1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, I have a laptop with a sata m.2 connector and I want to transfer to a another laptop with an nvme. The old laptop only has ONE sata m.2 connector, but no nvme. But the new one has one. So as I said should I buy an adaptor? And I will later clone the disk with Macrium Reflect or Acronis True image but I just wanna know.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight, I have a laptop with a sata m.2 connector and I want to transfer to a another laptop with an nvme. The old laptop only has ONE sata m.2 connector, but no nvme. But the new one has one. So as I said should I buy an adaptor? And I will later clone the disk with Macrium Reflect or Acronis True image but I just wanna know.

You can't put the drive from one laptop into laptop computer unless they are the same model. If you just want the data just copy the data off of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!