Emulation How do I save with 3 in 1?

INVAL1D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Cyclo DS and E Flash V 3 in 1 and GBAExploder. I cannot figure out how to save my games. So I start up GBAExploder and select a game in PRAM, and save ingame. When I turn it off and back on, sometimes there will be a save file under SAV or 1) 2), but sometimes there will be nothing. I've looked around for tutorials but I'm sure it's easy enough. To be honest I don't really know the difference between PSRAM, SRAM, and NOR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there is 1 sram bank to store saves, which is shared between psram and nor. any game 16mb and under can be flashed to psram. psram will not hold state after you power off. anything flashed to it is gone when the 3-in-1 no longer receives power. nor will hold state and maintain your game. also nor can hold any game 32mb or less. keep in mind the limit of the gba hardware is 32mb, the gba can't access more than 32mb at any one time. when you save with either area the save goes to the sram bank. when you power back up you can configure gba exploader (via the ini) to prompt you to back up your save. at which point it writes the sram data which contains a pointer to the game name to your msd card. any time you flash over a new rom, the sram is overwritten. if you don't back up the save it will be lost forever. when you load a new game to psram or nor you will need to copy your save back over. gba exploader will also prompt for this. if you play games and the save is not stored there is a good possibility that the game is not supported by gba exploader. please refer to the readme which comes with the homebrew. there is a long list of what save types are supported. if your save type is not supported you will have to patch the game manually. if your saves are not keeping after you power back up your 3v battery might be dead or starting to die. any 3v battery can be swapped to replace it.

there are a great many topics on this subject. next time instead of starting yet another post use the search button, read the readme, use google, etc.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)