Hacking How do I save files to my PC?

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I was hoping I could get some assistance with a certain problem.

I have a couple of gba games but recently I learned that the save data is dependent on a battery and when it dies so does the save file. Needless to say I have been looking into how to dump my games and save files onto my pc however, I am really not tech savvy. And everything I’ve read is very confusing.

So could anyone explain to be how I would go about do this? Please note I am very new to this. My goal is to have my sonic battle game backed up and if possible I would like to add cheat codes to it.

If it helps I have an action replay dsi (the one with the sd card slot) and a 4gb tiny sd card with an USB key that it slots into.

( I’ve read that the action replay could be used to backup gba games. But I don’t know if that’s really true) any help is very appreciated!

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have read about flash carts however I do not know where to get one. I only seem to find the r4 types but I have read that there’s many fakes. Is there any good recommendations for Canada? At a good price? I tried Amazon however I keep reading about time bombs?

Littlelambsy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have ordered a flash cart. Is there anything I need to do to it when I get it? For example how do I install this gba back up tool? Are there other things I need to do as well? This is all new to me. Thank you in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.