Homebrew How Do I Run/Install .WADs?

betty02

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there i have flashed my Wii and i have downloaded some .wads onto my PC, i have also copied them onto my SD drive i was wondering how i run or install these .wads as channels on the Wii?

Thanks

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
With the WAD manager. It is recommended to use the IOS 249 (cIOS) from Waninkoko, or another IOS with the signing bug (a.k.a. trucha bug). Otherwise, you'll get errors during the installation, because that bug is needed to install and write contents in the NAND.

betty02

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So if i download IOS 249 (cIOS) sure i can find the link on the net, how would i run that programme first?

Cheers!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
betty02 said:
So if i download IOS 249 (cIOS) sure i can find the link on the net, how would i run that programme first?

Cheers!

If you followed one of the guides from this forum, it is sure that your console already has it. Just download the program (google it) an execute the *.dol with the Homebrew Channel. Then, choose "IOS 249" on the first screen (if you have it, it'll be the default value). Then, choose the device you wanna use to install WAD's from. Remember that you have to place those WAD's on the folder "wad", which must be on the device's root directory. If not, they won't be detected by the app. Got it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-