Homebrew how do i remove HBC

stitch80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello every one need a little help here. i got a wii that had been modded, thought it would be great to be able to copy games and burn them till i found out i need a special dvd drive to read them. now i would like to remove hbc and everything i can relating to it. the wii is verson 4.0u. i tried the reformat in the settings, but when i power it back on the system menu still shows up. any ideas in easy to understand terms would be greatly appreciated. also if all is removed will i be able to get updates useing the network connection?

stitch80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to remove it cause of the hassel. and i have no idea what i am doing with bootmii. is their instructions on the prosses?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hatsu said:
Use the Hackmii installer to uninstall the HBC.
u dont know what your talking about,so don't say a word kay?

QUOTE(stitch80 @ Dec 26 2009, 12:21 PM) i want to remove it cause of the hassel. and i have no idea what i am doing with bootmii. is their instructions on the prosses?
just update the wii if you don't want it,in the hackmii installer just uninstall hbc

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
stitch80 said:
now i would like to remove hbc and everything i can relating to it.

easiest way to uninstall HBC but i dont see why you need to

QUOTE# Can I easily uninstall the channel?

# Ofcourse, either use the uninstall feature of the installer, or just remove it as any other ordinary savegame or channel through "data management" in the Wii settings menu.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stitch80 said:
but will i be able to get wii system or game updates useing the network
yes,just update it to 4.2 it will remove HBC unless the ones who modded your Wii used the Hackmii installer 0.6

stitch80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys thanks for the info i have it working and updated to 4.2u i forgot to turn on the internet in the settings, i guess that is a noob mistake. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1