Hacking How do I remove Duplicate Wii channels?

JN_big3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm having trouble removing duplicate channels on my Wii. I have 2 duplicates of the News channel and the Forecast channel. I tried to use Any Title Deleter but I didn't understand the things going on there. My wii is region changed which may have caused this. Any help?

jjkm4a1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump an old topic but rather than start a new one, I'd like to ask a related question --- I have the latest HBC, latest softmod setup (posted my syscheck info here http://gbatemp.net/t...irby-epic-yarn/ ) but when I try loading the Duplicate Channel Remover (the exact one posted in the above links) I get the message that it's not a valid wii application.

I just read that the .elf might need to be converted to .dol. Just wanted to double check with the pros. Thanks in advance.

Edit:
So, I just went through with converting the elf to dol...

loaded this up ---> http://wiibrew.org/w...Channel_Remover and it turned out to be the PAL version, meaning my USA channels were removed in addition to the Japanese ones.

Why doesn't it say that it's the PAL version on that Wiki? :unsure:

The app just said it was going to start removing the channels in 10 seconds so I didn't want to cut it off in the middle of the task which may have caused a greater problem which is why I let it go...

Loaded up the shop channel and they aren't there, but now on my system menu they are restored but I get the message "You must perform a Wii system update to use this channel" likely because my Wii is on the hacked version that comes up as 0.0...

Any suggestions?

Edit: Solved this. I was instructed to update my CIOSes if I needed to (which I didn't) followed by using WiiMod to install the channels again.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update your IOSes to the latest version using SysCheck and ModMii's SysCheck update wizard.

If you have Priiloader installed (if not, download and install it), enable hacks to block disc and on-line updates.

Ensure that you have the following installed:
Recommended cIOSes/cMIOS (or DML)
Latest EULA for your region
Latest Region Select for your region
BC v6
All Channels for your region (including Shopping, Weather, News, Photo, Mii and Internet)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-