How do I reduce the size of files...

slothsminion62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see for myself if they're not compatible. I already have the .save. How do I make it smaller? Could you point me to a scrubber/shrinker program please?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Asking several times will not give you the answer and double posting will certainly not help you either. If you are that desperate for an answer you should totally google it and if that doesn't work you can always experiment til you find a way to do it yourself

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Asking several times will not give you the answer and double posting will certainly not help you either. If you are that desperate for an answer you should totally google it and if that doesn't work you can always experiment til you find a way to do it yourself
This post needs to be stickied somewhere.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean I just got a little annoyed after "I've asked in 6 different threads" and "I'll find out if it doesn't work myself" and it doesn't help my mood any to find out he is a newb.

I'm figuring everyone was ignoring him so I pretty much told him why he s being ignored (if thats the case)

slothsminion62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't post 6 seperate times on this site. 6 times total on multiple sites. I've been working on this for a week and the last step is shrinking the file. I've google'd and bing'd several different phrases related to my question. All I'm asking you is "where can I find a program to shrink files?" That's all we need to talk about.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by shrinking the files.....I'm sure that you can't just take a file and shrink it willy nilly without something happening to it (which is probably why your questions isn't being answered). Basically what I am saying is that I don't think there is a general program for shrinking just any file

slothsminion62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean a scrubber program that takes off the unneccesary bytes that are only there to make the file a certain size. They have them for Wii ISOs and GBA saves, so I know the concept is not impossible. If this program hasn't been made for PC saves, that's fine, I just want to know if scrubbing program exists.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most hex editors will allow you to remove bytes or insert them anywhere you like shifting things or simply slicing off the end of a file but it will probably not do you much good- this side of the high score tables saves are quite dynamic things and a random length is probably nothing special. I would not place money against both save formats containing the same numbers in the same storage methods (same field lengths, signed in both types) and probably even being fairly similar once you strip away the 360 wrapper format (easily done with the likes of le fluffie). You probably could build a conversion tool but frankly if you have to ask this question I do not rate your chances are tackling things when a real problem comes up.

Still as you asked for a tool http://min.midco.net/cracker/filecutter.zip Usage filecutter file.in length file.out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.