Hacking How do I recover my .sav files?

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried a different one, is costs, but I got a torrent and only a few of my "past time" games were recovered, not my whole Pokemon Black 2 file. Is there a maximum size of files that can be recovered? And has this happened to anyone else?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried a different one, is costs, but I got a torrent and only a few of my "past time" games were recovered, not my whole Pokemon Black 2 file.
Recuva is free. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Is there a maximum size of files that can be recovered?
No, but the bigger a file is, the less likely part of it won't be overwritten overtime.

http://www.ehow.com/...very-works.html

And has this happened to anyone else?
Nope, not me. Next time, make periodic backups and make sure you always backup your files before performing a format.

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how is it I back them up? When I tried, I highlighted everything I wanted to backup, then I sent them to desktop, then a new folder, I then Formatted the SDHC card with SD Formatter, then drug the files back into the sdhc card, but all of the folders were empty...

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Provided that you did not write data to the microSD card after formatting it you could try Recuva.

When you said if I did not write data onto the sdhc card after formatting it... What do you mean? I formatted it, then i realized everything was gone so I put the akaio back on it... After the re format, so am I in trouble that it won't work?

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using recova to recover my lost .sav files. What option do I select for recovering the folders that I had my games in for my Acekard on AKAIO 1.8.9?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
perhaps you should give it a go instead of being defeated by assumption. =)

there is little chance that akaio would have overwritten every single bit of data that you wished to recover. if anything, you should be able to recover a great portion of the data.

also, this very discussion has already been answered. read a few posts up to the comments Lacius left for you.

-another world

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just don't know which option to choose.

I tried the "Other" selection, only .bmp's were found

Then I'm about to try the "Document" section.

But what should I choose?!?

~~EDIT~~

Should I select the "Compressed" option?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
seems the answer is only a google search away.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/using-recuva/advanced-mode/specifying-what-to-search-for

File type
To restrict Recuva to searching only files of a particular type, select that type from the Filename or path drop-down box. To have Recuva search all file types, leave the drop-down box clear.
If you need to change or remove a file type from the drop-down box, select another file type from the drop-down box, or click the red X to remove it entirely.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
How do I properly backup my files?

are you new to computers? backing up files means that you make duplicate copies. so with a flash kit you would mount the msd card, copy the files you want and then paste them somewhere on your computer. my suggestion would be a folder named and dated. ie: saves_7-22-12.

if you are unsure about any 1 step then you would complete the backup by checking that the folder you created actually has the files before you start the formatting process.

i would have thought that everything i just type would be blatantly obvious.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up