Hacking How do I play imported backuped wii games

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ok ok I'll get right too it, I downloaded Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii it's of course JAP. Now I have a US Wii with the Homebrew channel. I've tried so many different way to get the backup launched 0.3g to work and have done so much installing on the Wii I don't even know what little things I got on there. All I know is I've downgraded to 3.2U and can't do the safe install 3.3 cause after file 15/15 is done downloading it just stops does nothing. I got the backup launcher channel on my Wii menu but it won't play Fatal Frame 4, I've burned it twice with Img Burn on a DVD+R and DVD-R just to see if one would work over the other. So my question is: Is there any way to completely erase all the editing I've done with the HBC and start fresh with some amazing person out there pointing me in the right direction on how to get backuped/imported games to play on my Wii? Thanks so much in advance.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well you can update to 3.4 thru the Wii Settings, and then use cIOS and IOS downgraders to go back to 3.2 for an almost freshly Hacked Wii, about the imported games, and mostly the JAP ones, have some sort of locks, so you should try (if your other games work on your launcher) to set the language to japanese and don't force the video at all

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well all I've been able to do is install wiiware games with Wad Manger 1.3 so it's wasn't all in vain but still, I know I can update to 3.4 but some of the programs won't work with 3.4 i think, also that is what I downgraded from lol
smile.gif
. anyways I've got another problem sry for there being so many I can't get the homebrew browser to work say "not a wii app" I know the problem is the elf/dol files but the converter everyone use never works. also FYI I'm running HBC v 1.0.1

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
DVD-Rs should be fine, but on DVD+Rs you need to booktype you disc to DVD-ROM. There are guides on the forum to do that, here is one.
The burner software called IMGburn supports booktyping, but only for a select number of brands.
Try the link, or if you don't want to waste another DVD, keep the DVD-R, download softmii, and try it with that.
If all fails, your ISO backup must be bad, so try to re-dump it, or re-obtain it.

Softmii Link

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks alot but I still have problems. When I try to SoftMii my Wii a couple of the steps don't work. First is the coping of the 00000042.App file to my SD card. Second is when I install the "Starfall" Hacks, it installs but then after saying "installation succesful" I can't restart my Wii with the Home button or anything it just stays there and I have to unplug it, and I don't know if is still installed or not then. And Thirdly when I load Preloader and go to System Hacks or as it says on my wii "Systemenu Hacks" it only has one hack and that is boot.dol... and that didn't do a thing. Also in the end the CIOSCORP installer just freezes forever and never loads I have to unplug my Wii again.
frown.gif
I appericate all your help but I still can't seem to get it right. any ideas anyone?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yamato_2000 said:
Yeah I looked into that the site said it didn't play backup games, so what exactly is it?

Well when you are softmodded and somebody suggests you to use Gecko OS then:
1. the one who suggested it didn't know that you are softmodded or he doesn't know what he is talking about
2. you can just use Gamma instead, as Gamma is just Gecko OS with backup support

Gamma/Gecko OS doesn't work for all people with all import games. There are games that don't work at all with both and some others only allow to be run in the video mode(s) of the region they are made for. So if you are for example a PAL user, force PAL and you get a green screen and without forcing you get black&white(or red&black) video playback you need something else.(same for NTSC users with force NTSC)

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok once again it's time so show off my noobie skills: What exactly does it mean to "force"? I know it's like makeing a PAL game work on a NTSC system right? or did I just outshine all the noobs lol

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Look which options Gamma offers you. That's meant by forcing, you could call the video patches done with my toy forcing too, but it's patching.

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok there was a time when I had gamma installed and it did nothing it just was there with a blackish screen that said GAMMA Wii gator and had a little green icon in the left corner. I put in my Fatal Frame or Excite Truck and it still did nothing. It was like "yeah, yeah we could play that game or we could stare at this really cool screen I got going on here" So I guess my next question (need to rename this topic "random wiibrew questions") how do you REALLY CORRECTLY INSTALL the gamma channel or how to CORRECTLY use it. (sry not mad or shouting just getting tired or ppl giving me 1000 ways of doing something and none of them working right.) thanks in advance. BTW I really appreaciate the rate at which you guys are answering my questions it's really amazing how many of us lack lives lol j/k you guys rock!

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
I understand now, my friend had the same problem, when the game wouldn't launch. What you need is an autoboot channel, which you can find around. One of them that has always worked for me and my friend, is Forsaeken's Autoboot gamma channel. It is a channel that skips the menu, and launches directly the game, so just launch and play.

Search the forums for it, and if you can't find it, just PM me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yamato_2000 said:
[...]I had gamma installed and it did nothing it just was there with a blackish screen that said GAMMA Wii gator and had a little green icon in the left corner.[...]

That's the info which belongs into the 1st post! Remove the memory card from slot 2.

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I am just a foolish noobie didn't think that was of omega importance but what do I know. ARE YOU SERIOUS THE GC MEMORY CARD WAS THE PROBLEM!..... well, that is something I would have never guessed in my life. thanks will try.

Yamato_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working to everyone who helped thank you, especailly you WiiPower I can't beilive the GC memory card was the problem all along. Also Fatal Frame 4.... scary I just beat chapter 1 and it already had some extremely creep moments in it. Thank you one and all.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yamato_2000 said:
I got it working to everyone who helped thank you, especailly you WiiPower I can't beilive the GC memory card was the problem all along. Also Fatal Frame 4.... scary I just beat chapter 1 and it already had some extremely creep moments in it. Thank you one and all.

A lot of people here would have told you the same, all you had to do was to post what your problem was and not only: "doesn't work".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can