Gaming How do I patch Lunar to work on m33?

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the iso, and the patch, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to patch it. Googled it, but there are a lot of pages that come up, and I'm not sure which to go with. I have to go pick up the kids from school in about 20 mins., so I don't have a lot of time to screw around. Everyone here has always been very helpful, so can one of you folks hook a brother up with a link to a guide?

Thanks in advance.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done it a few times before, but damned if I can remember how. So thanks for the link, I'll be doing this as soon as I get back!!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
/facepalm

Please don't tell me you're still on that damned M33. It's a sunk ship, jump onto the GEN bandwagon already! I'll wager that GEN-D2 (or D3, whichever) will play that game without any decrypting whatsoever.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I agree that m33 is outdated but if you have lots of homebrew (1.xx and 1.50) they won't work with GEN. There are advantages and disadvantages with both firmwares

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know this was coming out so soon. I'm tempted to play it just to see what has changed, but on the other hand I am sick of seeing this game resurrect on every platform known to man. I'm pretty sure they released a version that runs on my toaster--it's like the Linux of video games and it won't die no matter how mediocre it is and always has been.

Skyline969 said:
/facepalm

Please don't tell me you're still on that damned M33. It's a sunk ship, jump onto the GEN bandwagon already! I'll wager that GEN-D2 (or D3, whichever) will play that game without any decrypting whatsoever.
I believe that GEN still has to decrypt, but it's an automated process when you launch a game.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
I believe that GEN still has to decrypt, but it's an automated process when you launch a game.
I believe it is on-the-fly decryption, yes, but the point remains the same. If the OP was using GEN, chances are they would not have to make a thread like this at all.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although, it seems it is not perfect with everything. Note - the new MLB game. Gen users seem to be having a bitch of a time with that one. If you have to wait for a working fix either way, I'll stick with my m33.

Haklen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys don't turn this into a Flamewar between M33 and GEN...
Please will ya? It works. And we should be thankful it DOES. unlike a MLB as said apparently.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLB does work fine on D2. Just have to know how to make it work. Anyway... did the poster get it to work? If not, PM and I'll help.

Wynd

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a decrypter for M33 which you run from your PSP (don't remember the name but was in a thread in this forum) and the last version added support for the same version of the "on the fly" GEN decrypter. I used that in the past, but changed to GEN for the latest games when the decrypter wasn't updated (and a couple of days after update, the new version of the decrypter got released)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
it WILL work on 5.00 m33-6 if Patch and decrypted
used eboot exchange 2.8, in Back-up and patch mode on clean self-dumped cso

--------
i still on 5.00 m33-6
gen-d3 it a little buggy(using in my 2nd psp)
also

all the games i play work fine 5.00 m33-6

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wyndcrosser said:
MLB does work fine on D2. Just have to know how to make it work. Anyway... did the poster get it to work? If not, PM and I'll help.

Wynd

I did get it to work, thanks much. Appreciate the pm offer.

Now I need to find a patch for the new MLB games. Don't know how to make my own (dummy).

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a link to tell me what the differences between M33 and DGen and how to swap between the two or which is best and why... i have a psp phat if that helps.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
go to psphacks.com to find it. They have it. Made by Yosh.

wynd
I went to psphacks.com to find it but couldn't. Any chance you could post a link?

I would use GEN but GEN has some bugs that make certain games freeze (such as Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls