How do i move this partition?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,139
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
hello. I want to triple boot my windows 7/10 pc with MacOS high sierra (dont ask why and yes i own a real copy of it), but to do so i need to move the EFI partition so that it is next to the C: (boot partition). But there is a problem. The system reserved partition is blocking my way and I searched on the internet how to delete it, but I can't delete it or else my pc will die. How do i change the location of this partition? thanks
image.png

as you can see i have the FAT32 partition (EFi partition the one which i want to move), and the "other" partition (system reserved). and my mac os installation will end in the 138.7GB unallocated partition. I want the FAT32 partition to be to the left of the 150.2 GB (C:) partition

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
m$ has changed in newer machine the partition for booting Windows, now it has a separate partition from C, the only way to get around that is before u create Os usb drive CHOOSE ''MBR'' rather EFI GPT, then install windows.

the official Media creation tool won't allow that, you have to use Rufus: https://rufus.ie/

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

OP
m$ has changed in newer machine the partition for booting Windows, now it has a separate partition from C, the only way to get around that is before u create Os usb drive CHOOSE ''MBR'' rather EFI GPT, then install windows.

the official Media creation tool won't allow that, you have to use Rufus: https://rufus.ie/
is there any way to just move it? can i delete the system partition?

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
is there any way to just move it? can i delete the system partition?

If you delete the system partition, make doubly sure you have a windows boot disk around. I don't know if the regular drive partition in windows is smart enough to recover the bootloader without one.

You can use UEFI to multiboot. There are multiple places on the internet that tell you how to do so. I've personally done it with grub2 to boot windows 7, windows 10, and Arch off the same machine before. Since the OP is trying to boot MacOS, I don't know how they play with multiboot handling. I would assume grub2 does it the same way anyway. The only thing to watch out for with Windows and grub is that you need to set a chainload flag to 1 and potentially specify the UUID of the boot partition for windows, otherwise when you load it, grub2 doesn't hand off all the bios controls. I had a situation where USB didn't hand off properly and had to manually edit the grub file to add the tag to make it do so.

merhabaq

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
when ever i make a new partition ( by clicking create VHD) it turns up in a new disk but i want it to show up in the disk my c drive is in ,not create a separate disk. pls help

D

Deleted User

OP
when ever i make a new partition ( by clicking create VHD) it turns up in a new disk but i want it to show up in the disk my c drive is in ,not create a separate disk. pls help
Thank you for replying. I solved this issue by just wiping everything and switching to legacy mode instead of uefi. But anyways thanks for trying to help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1