Hacking How do i know if the NSP I downloaded is safe?

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says. I downloaded a SSBU nsp when the leaks were new, and now when 6.2.0 works I really want to know if it's safe, since I downloaded it from the only site out of like 5 on a reddit page that wasn't taken down

A

a9lh-1user

Install the newest Atmosphere. It prevents you from overwriting the key blobs.
Should be as save at it could be at the moment ;)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-updated-to-0-8-0-adds-6-2-0-switch-fw-support.524770/

BOOT0 now has write protection for the BCT public key and keyblob regions.
  • The ns sysmodule is no longer allowed to write the BCT public keys; all other processes can.
    • This should prevent system updates from removing AutoRCM.
  • No processes should be allowed to write to the keyblob region.

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Always have a full NAND backup and you should be generally safe, still updating to latest Atmo will make the "newb brickers" useless, which is also nice.

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Always have a full NAND backup and you should be generally safe, still updating to latest Atmo will make the "newb brickers" useless, which is also nice.
Dw, I got the game now. BUT someone scared me super hard when they said "Dude, you're gonna get banned, nintendo knows what you're doing and i'm sure they just wont let you go like that" If I'm in flight mode for the whole week I wont get console banned right? It would suck so badly. How do i stay safe? Can I uninstall mods when the game releases?

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dw, I got the game now. BUT someone scared me super hard when they said "Dude, you're gonna get banned, nintendo knows what you're doing and i'm sure they just wont let you go like that" If I'm in flight mode for the whole week I wont get console banned right? It would suck so badly. How do i stay safe? Can I uninstall mods when the game releases?
Golden Rule, Mod=Ban.
You can be safe, you can be safer, and you can be safest, but never 100% proof.

I successfully unmodded a switch and i play online with it with legit games now by following a guide pinned here.
Basically before touching ANYTHING, do a full Nand backup, go flight mode and mod as much as you please.
When you want to unmod, restore the backup. Its time consuming, but (in my case, results may vary) successfully got me online without ban.

Last edited by Paffo,

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Omg no whaaaat
I backed up my nand, would that save me?
Plus remember to not update while you are in cfw, cause it will burn fuses as soon as you go OFW, which means you cannot run OFW without hekate anymore.

Last edited by Paffo,

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plus remember to not update while you are in cfw, cause it will burn fuses as soon as you go OFW, which means you cannot run OFW without hekate anymore.
alright thank you. so if im in flight mode the whole time when playing the pirated game and then unmodding when i get the game, i should be safe?

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im not confortable saying "yes you'll be safe", but it should decrease detect probability.
Again, you are not 100% safe.
Just be sure to have the constant though "will this leave any trace?" if the answer is yes, dont do it.
Have you already modded?
Which CFW?
Have you done the Nand backup before modding?
did you enabled Flight mode before backupping or after?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc...