Hacking How do I install configurable USB Loader?

larryjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided that USB Loader GX wasn't working, and now I need to install a new one. But the guide provided is too confusing and old. SO could someone tell me what I need? I have cIOS 36 (installed with cIOS30r17). What else do I need?

EDIT: I have installed it, but have a few more problems.
1. I get disc read errors for half my games.
2. The cover art doesn't save. When I leave the loader, and reenter, they are gone.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is USB Loader GX was all set up and working as well as it could be, all you should need to do is get the Configurable USB Loader DOL and put it on your SD card.

larryjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:
Is USB Loader GX was all set up and working as well as it could be, all you should need to do is get the Configurable USB Loader DOL and put it on your SD card.

I don't understand what your saying fully, but I uninstalled GX, and I got Config.

Also, is it true that you need Hermes IOS222/3 to use NTFS?

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you do need 222/223 for NTFS support. But did you uninstall it by deleting everything associated with it (including the cIOS?) or did you just delete it from your SD card?

larryjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:
Yes, you do need 222/223 for NTFS support. But did you uninstall it by deleting everything associated with it (including the cIOS?) or did you just delete it from your SD card?
I deleted it from the SD. I think I'm just gonna use WBFS.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't see the point of NTFS/FAT32. The only nice thing is that you can manipulate the file system easier, but it's not difficult to just keep a small FAT32 partition and format the rest as WBFS.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
You really should use FAT32. It has better compatibility, doesn't corrupt (a lot of people are having corruption issues on WBFS once reaching 60 games or so), you cna use the drive for other things and you can defragment the drive if you need to.

As for a guide, just follow mine. It gives you all the IOSes you need and links to the latest versions of Cfg, even teaching you how to use the options and so on. From your edits, it sounds like you only installed the .dol, so make sure you follow the full installation (including the usb-loader directory in the root directory).

raptir said:
This is wrong. Cfg supports NTFS drives (read-only) on rev 18 and rev 19 of IOS249 as well. Due to the read-only issue, FAT32 is a better choice, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: