absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so, im very noobie when it comes to this, I have 2 ps1s, both of them are the newer moddel of the chunky ones
ps1-open.jpg

I havn't got round to taking the 2nd one appart yet. If you need any pics of them/ inside/ circuit board. Like I said I havn't got round to really doing anything with the second one, but Im preaty sure the first one doesnt have a mod chip.

So yeah, how do I play burned non pal games on my ps1? I have heard of paradox but apparently thats fake, I dont have the effort for the disk swap method. Are there any mod chips or software hacks out there? And if there are where can I buy them from?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't want to swap discs, then only option is a chip. Eurasia still sell them

http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/default.php?cPath=52&PHPSESSID=ae280082c08a8e5287606b8789e4f6c4

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"both of them are the newer moddel of the chunky ones"

I'm not sure which this refers to, but do you have a parallel port? My friend had some device that plugged into that port and allowed him to play backups (and back in the day, they really were backups, not just pirates, haha) without modding, swapping, or rigging the spring.

edit: actually there might have been a spring involved? All I know is that there was no chipping, soldering, or any shenanigans that would hurt the system if you didn't know what you were doing

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i use some thing like the Game Enhancer
it goes in the parallel port
parallel.jpg

you use a spring to keep the lid closed button held down