Homebrew How do I hack a 3DS without a SD card?

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just like the title says again, How do I hack a 3DS without a SD card? :yay3ds: :nds: :unsure: So, I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL, and it has a Micro SD Card in it. I don't have a Micro SD Card adapter and my laptop can't just insert Micro SD Card's by themselves. I used to have a Micro SD Card Adapter but it's not working anymore or else I lost it. :( So, is there any exploit to hack the 3DS without a SD/Micro SD? :unsure: I forgot to say, also without any paid eShop Games or Retail Games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have a micro sd card, but no way to insert it into the computer? can't you use the built in ftp thing in system settings? if you're on windows 10, you're gonna have to enable smb 1.0 as well.

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok then... I thought there was. :( Wait... are you sure? Because I think there was a way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you have a micro sd card, but no way to insert it into the computer? can't you use the built in ftp thing in system settings? if you're on windows 10, you're gonna have to enable smb 1.0 as well.
And, how do I enable the FTP and SMB thingys? :unsure:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try mapping the micro sd card as a network drive. smb 1.0 is a windows feature, which you can access from control panel/uninstall apps.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's under turn windows features on or off. smb 1.0 is disabled by default due to security problems. however, you can't map a network drive and have it work on older systems like the 360 or 3ds.

SnackyZackyCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's under turn windows features on or off. smb 1.0 is disabled by default due to security problems. however, you can't map a network drive and have it work on older systems like the 360 or 3ds.
SMB has a Black Square in the Outlined Square. Dose that mean it's enabled?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2019-10-26_22-20-3.png

you can also type ftp://3ds information in the address box to find it. I think it will automatically map then.

Last edited by godreborn,

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find it. Can you show me a picture of what i'm meant to do to map the 3DS as a network drive thingy. :unsure:

When I was still on Windows 7, all I had to do was go into the 3DS's system settings and open microsd management. Then I set up a user name and password on the 3DS and when done properly you would see your 3DS's drive name, username, and password displayed on the top screen.

Then I would open up the file explorer on Windows 7, double click on the 3DS's drive name, enter the username and password, and presto, I could see all files on my 3DS's SD card.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have to put in the ip address of the system instead of 3ds. I don't remember how it's read exactly. it's been years since then. that's why I suggested the map network drive option. your 3ds, as long as it's connected to the same network, should be discoverable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1