F_mount returned 13

Press any Button to shutdown

Btw if i remove the SD Card and start my 2ds it shuts down in an instant

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you seeing this message on your 3DS or what? Did you have CFW installed? When did you install it?

What happens if you connect your SD card to a PC? Is it a microSD card in an adapter?

Btw if i remove the SD Card and start my 2ds it shuts down in an instant
Does the blue notification light blink?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That does not sound good.
Can you boot into GodMode9?

I've never heard of this and searched the Luma3DS sources with grep. Error message is within here:
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/blob/master/arm9/source/fs.c

I'm not good at reading code, let alone complex code and quickly on top of that. If I understood this correctly error number 13 is "/* (13) There is no valid FAT volume */"
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/blob/master/arm9/source/fatfs/ff.h
Could be wrong. Try booting into GodMode9 and see if the NAND partitions are present and usable.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Maruseru1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My current Problem is that my SD Card has 0 Data on it she is Clean and if i Put it in my 2ds i start it but it shuts down after a few Seconds with a black screen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My current Problem is that my SD Card has 0 Data on it she is Clean and if i Put it in my 2ds i start it but it shuts down after a few Seconds with a black screen
Copy+Paste from the other topic:

Prepare a FAT32 formatted (spare) SD, checked with h2testw or F3 and provide latest Luma3DS and GodMode9
Start here, download Luma3DS:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

Then proceed to
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
This downloads an archive with a lot of stuff, including GodMode9.

To do anything we need access to GodMode9.

Maruseru1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Copy+Paste from the other topic:

Prepare a FAT32 formatted (spare) SD, checked with h2testw or F3 and provide latest Luma3DS and GodMode9
Start here, download Luma3DS:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw

Then proceed to
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
This downloads an archive with a lot of stuff, including GodMode9.

To do anything we need access to GodMode9.
I found a solution to my Problem i need a flash Card and do ntrboost

But before that i needed fastboot to Boot Up console then i could Go into gm9

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a solution to my Problem i need a flash Card and do ntrboost
I think you mean ntrboot. And yes, in some cases ntrboot is necessary, but it is quite likely your problem can be solved without ntrboot if you just read what people are posting and follow the suggested instructions.

But before that i needed fastboot to Boot Up console then i could Go into gm9
No one here said anything about fastboot. Fastboot is not going to solve anything. If you are following random video guides, then please stop doing that!

Maruseru1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think you mean ntrboot. And yes, in some cases ntrboot is necessary, but it is quite likely your problem can be solved without ntrboot if you just read what people are posting and follow the suggested instructions.

No one here said anything about fastboot. Fastboot is not going to solve anything. If you are following random video guides, then please stop doing that!
I will try to explain my current Situation. You See im a very impation Person so instead i used a discord that i forgot i joined a few months ago and this Here is how far i got so far

this is godmode9 and i can only start gm9 with fastboot 3ds when i remove my SD Card and start the console it shuts down a few Seconds after that
IMG_20231104_163720.jpg

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will try to explain my current Situation. You See im a very impation Person so instead i used a discord that i forgot i joined a few months ago and this Here is how far i got so far
Cross posting in various locations is confusing.
Discord is not a nice thing by the way. Results of discussions aren't publicly available and don't get indexed by search engines → Potential solutions not easily accessible for somebody else searching for similar topics.
But that is admittedly off-topic. So back to the problem.

No matter from where you got to read "Fastboot", it won't help you now (unless already installed). Fastboot is an alternative bootloader; a bit more versatile than B9S, but ultimately both achieve the same. Highly likely your console has B9S right now. All you need – given the SD reader is working – is a FAT32 formatted SD containing boot.firm (Luma3DS). This should be enough to power on the console.

If you provide GodMode9 from the finalizing archive on 3ds.hacks.guide you should be able to start it by holding (Start) button on power on.

ntrboot is only helpful if the bootloader is destroyed as well. Not very likely as trashed FIRM partitions should result in 8046 BOOTROM ERROR blue screens of death.
3ds_blue_screen-jpg.220805

Maruseru1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All you need – given the SD reader is working – is a FAT32 formatted SD containing boot.firm (Luma3DS). This should be enough to power on the console.
So if i so this Here my 2ds should Work normaly again? I Hope so because i was ready to throw it into a Trash can and buy me a Other used one.

I mean i brought this upon myself by removing the SD Card from my modded homebrew 2ds. then Format ist and Put the SD Card Back in which caused CTRNAND. And then i removed the SD from my 2ds connected the SD with my Laptop removing all Data on the SD Card and then when i Put the SD Back in the entire console didnt work anymore. I could start the console but black Screen and it shutdown after Like 3 sec

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if i so this Here my 2ds should Work normaly again? I Hope so because i was ready to throw it into a Trash can and buy me a Other used one.
B9S does this:

Try loading boot.firm fro SD
If this failed: Try loading bot.firm from CTRNAND
If this also failed: Power off

A valid firm will not automatically repair the damage, but with GodMode9 we can try to find out what is wrong.

Maruseru1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
B9S does this:

Try loading boot.firm fro SD
If this failed: Try loading bot.firm from CTRNAND
If this also failed: Power off

A valid firm will not automatically repair the damage, but with GodMode9 we can try to find out what is wrong.
so far i tried h2testw and there was no error

ich sehe gerade wir sprechen die selbe sprache koennen so schreiben oder ist nur english hier erlaubt

Last edited by Maruseru1993,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
From what i could gather from the Discord conversation op has a corrupted CTRNAND partition and no backup hence why the mount error in Luma3DS. The only thing that can save this console now is data forensics. Someone has to extract important files from the corrupted partition and then we can build a new partition.

And strangely it won't boot GodMode9 directly as boot.firm either. That's why fastboot3DS was mentioned.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Somehow the picture above didn't show up for me when I opened this thread the last times. So I didn't even notice OP is already able to start up GodMode9 now. My last messages look foolish because of this. Well. Shit happens.

From what i could gather from the Discord conversation op has a corrupted CTRNAND partition and no backup hence why the mount error in Luma3DS.
Missing partition should not have any impact on ability to start FIRMs.
Too tired right now to do tests.

I've thought of this (trashed partition) right away but needed confirmation.
This is the last time I even participate further in a discussion where Discord is mentioned. Not being able to see important information (other than being stupid and missing a picture for whatever reason) is really a bad position.

The only thing that can save this console now is data forensics.
?
Console unique data could still be accessible within the embedded backup
[S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL/essential.exefs

Someone has to extract important files from the corrupted partition and then we can build a new partition.
???
We have had "no backup, missing partitions" before. It should be fixable by CTRTransfer Type D9 script.
Really important at this point is backing up the current status before anything else. Radical repair attempts can fail and make things worse.

And strangely it won't boot GodMode9 directly as boot.firm either.
That is indeed strange. I've not the faintest idea why this should happen. To me it sounds like hardware damage.
Either usual abrupt shutdown because of missing peripherals (worn cables, drop damage, water damage…) which shows by immediate blue LED off instead of fading (controlled shutdown)… or something more subtle. Bad NAND chip. Bad RAM or the like.

But I'm fishing in the dark here.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Missing partition should not have any impact on ability to start FIRMs.
Too tired right now to do tests.
Luma loads NATIVE_FIRM from CTRNAND. No CTRNAND = no boot.

?
Console unique data could still be accessible within the embedded backup
[S:] SYSNAND VIRTUAL/essential.exefs
That is assuming op/previous owner ever made a backup via GodMode9 before. Otherwise GodMode9 can only dump infos into essential.exefs it can access. Which means nothing from CTRNAND.

???
We have had "no backup, missing partitions" before. It should be fixable by CTRTransfer Type D9 script.
Really important at this point is backing up the current status before anything else. Radical repair attempts can fail and make things worse.
Yes, but this will not restore movable.sed, LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and the HWCAL files unless they are already somewhere stored GodMode9 can grab them from.

I do agree that backing up the NAND is the first step before any attempts to restore the broken partition.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Luma loads NATIVE_FIRM from CTRNAND. No CTRNAND = no boot.
I was referring to GodMode9. B9S ability to boot FIRMs should not be affected. Unable to mount CTRNAND error or the f_mount error mentioned in this thread show B9S did the job: It loaded Luma3DS – but the latter can't continue because the partition is toast. I've no explanation for GodMode9 FIRM not loading as boot file when Luma3DS does.
On the other hand we have had trouble with the Luma chainloader and GodMode9 before – why not some different trouble in edge cases?

That is assuming op/previous owner ever made a backup via GodMode9 before. Otherwise GodMode9 can only dump infos into essential.exefs it can access. Which means nothing from CTRNAND.
Existence of embedded backup is very possible. If GodMode9 has ever been booted before(!) the damage, it nags the user for creating the backup. Every single start until you answer "Yes".
Before trying (often in vain) data recovery software on the trashed partition I would look if the essentials backup exists – in order to retrieve the console-unique data.
By the way: CTRTransfer Type D9 should try the same before resorting to Lazarus style methods.
======

I have to say that the whole situation is confusing. Two different threads. First there is an error message. Then there is not turning making even hardware damage an option. Missing public information gated behind some proprietary chat. Fastboot. Suddenly console turns on again (and I miss the picture because of ???).

Important question: How did this happen? Maybe I'm missing something else or overlooked the information. @Maruseru1993 can you provide a summary for idiots like me at this point:
  • What did you do right before any errors (before unable to mount CTRNAND)?
  • What did you do afterwards?
    • Backed up NAND despite not working main OS?
    • Any write attempts to NAND according to some video?
    • Any write attempts to NAND according to directions on that proprietary chat?
    • Any other write attempts to NAND?
  • What is on SD right now? Did you prepare an empty card with the files from 3ds.hacks.guide?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything works again only Thing is 2ds cant Boot without SD card
Well, whatever. Glad it's worked out for you so far.

Usually if a unit can't boot without an SD card, it's because Luma was not copied to the NAND. There used to be separate instructions for this, but I think now it's part of the automated process in https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup . Just follow the instructions there.

Don't follow video guides. (You especially shouldn't follow video guides if they are skipping this vital step!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto