ROM Hack How do i dump resources?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,347
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Title. I want to dump the textures and some sounds from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. and how would i go by converting the textures to .png, and the sounds to wav?

Unless it uses the classic gba and older spriting method... *cringe*

The whole reason for this is, i want to dump the textures to make a mod for Crypt of the Necro Dancer that is PMD Themed.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hello!

Did you try Crystal Tile 2 and/or Tinke?
I tried Tinke, but haven't seen crystal tile
Tinke gives me
OspfVTY.png

EoS file formats aren't fully researched yet. I recommend watching this thread for further developments:
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...eon-2-Psy_commando-s-Tools-and-research-notes
I tried Sky, Time and Darkness, all have 4%.. might have to resort, to having to manually snip each texture while in game, or wail till a good amount of the file types have been researched... which i find will probably take a loong time since the NDS scene is dying quickly with the 3DS scene accelerating.. even Blue Rescue Team has 20% recognized...

D

Deleted User

OP
So, i found out while exploring multiple roms that the soundrack format is similar to MIDI. Each note is kept in a seperate file.. i had no idea.
I found a way! Use this program PPMD GfxCrunch found on projectpokemon forum.

To extract the pokemon sprites:

1) Use Tinke and extract m_ground.bin inside MONSTERS.
2) Drag n' Drop the m_ground.bin file to ppmd_gfxcrunch.exe.
3) ????
4) Profit!

YZbmnQw.png
that would be only for the pokemon sprites. Useful, yes... but i would like the dungeon textures too

EDIT: i'm exploring the tool to see if i can find the dungeon textures with it

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.