Hacking How do I convert an Atmosphere EmuNAND to a SX OS EmuNAND

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I created 2 partition-based EmuNAND's on my SD with Hekate. I downgraded the 2nd EmuNAND to 11.0.0 with Daybreak. Left the first one at the current firmware. I want to convert the 2nd EmuNAND to an SX OS format and use the 1st EmuNAND for regular Atmosphere. How would I go about doing that? I tried using EmuTool, but it seems it will only let me convert to a file-based SX OS EmuNAND.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mikefor20 did a writeup that’s pretty close to what you’re looking for. You’ll have to adapt the steps for your specific use case.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

At a high level it’s a dance using emutool and NXnandManager to manipulate both partitions and file based backups/restores to get where you want to be with two partition based emunand.

(I think I recall having to make my SXOS partition the first partition. Atmosphere allows you to reference custom storage blocks but IIRC SXOS is hard coded.)

Reactions: mikefor20

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This link is for file based emunand though, correct?
Yeah link says it's file based EmuNAND, need partitions. The other one links to a partition based setup but requires already having SX OS EmuNAND setup. How come EmuTool can't convert an Atmosphere Partition to an SX OS partition? Only let's me convert to SX OS file-based. Can I convert that SX OS file based to a SX OS Partition? Like Source Atmosphere Partition->Target SX OS file-based then Source SX OS file-based->Target SX OS Partition?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah link says it's file based EmuNAND, need partitions. The other one links to a partition based setup but requires already having SX OS EmuNAND setup. How come EmuTool can't convert an Atmosphere Partition to an SX OS partition? Only let's me convert to SX OS file-based. Can I convert that SX OS file based to a SX OS Partition? Like Source Atmosphere Partition->Target SX OS file-based then Source SX OS file-based->Target SX OS Partition?

yes, that’s exactly what I was implying…you will have to get creative with the steps and tools mentioned in the link. It’s not a step by step for your use case but it’s absolutely a full tools stack that will do what you want. you can copy back and forth between SXOS and Atmosphere emunands and file/partition as many times as you want with the tools in Mike’s tutorial. It will be tedious but it’s totally doable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay