ROM Hack How do I access Rom's save data?

ForgottenT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I'm having issues finding out how I can get the save data from my ROM onto my retail cartridge, are there any programs that allow me to get access to the save files of the ROM?
The reason is that I'm thinking about getting a New 3DS XL, and I still want to be able to play my second Animal Crossing save on it, I have the retail game, but I didn't want to have to boot into Classic mode on the gateway and then put in the game cartridge to play, so instead I downloaded a ROM and started my second town on there.
So basically what I want to do is.
- Get access to the Save data of the ROM
- Put on the header of my retail copy
- Transfer the Save data from the ROM to my Cartridge.

Thanks in advance :)

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't I need a game like Cubic Ninja to do it? And if I do can I use a ROM and install it in Gateway mode? Sorry but I'm a noob at CIA never bothered with it since I never had a use for it before.
It's a CIA you install in gateway mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can grab FBI and place the "FBI.3ds" on your gw red card. Then place the jk save manager .CIA file on your 3ds SD card (not the red card). Then launch FBI through the ROM menu, select "SD", then select the JKSM.CIA and press A to install it.

Sorry for the double post!

Reactions: ForgottenT

ForgottenT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a CIA you install in gateway mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can grab FBI and place the "FBI.3ds" on your gw red card. Then place the jk save manager .CIA file on your 3ds SD card (not the red card). Then launch FBI through the ROM menu, select "SD", then select the JKSM.CIA and press A to install it.

Sorry for the double post!

Thanks guys, I figured out how to install it using BigBlueMenu, you really saved me a ton of time I appreciate it, and I learned that the gateway can do way more than I first thought :)

Reactions: samiam144

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc