Hacking How difficult is hacking the Wii U?

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get killed for this but I'm just a bit timid about it I just hacked the 3ds and I've hacked wii and the original Xbox before is it anymore difficult to hack the Wii U? I just don't want to end up with a bricked console. How difficult is loadline to use? What is the best guide to use for the hack? I know nothing about any of it just that it exists. I'm on 5.5.1.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll laugh how easy it is to temporary run exploits the Wii U at the moment
...if you would've read the pinned tuts ;P

Cuz I don't wanna repeat the other threads:
You basically go to a website twice in the web browser, select what you want, and already run custom tools.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I'll probably get killed for this but I'm just a bit timid about it I just hacked the 3ds and I've hacked wii and the original Xbox before is it anymore difficult to hack the Wii U? I just don't want to end up with a bricked console. How difficult is loadline to use? What is the best guide to use for the hack? I know nothing about any of it just that it exists. I'm on 5.5.1.

If you exploited the 3ds, a Wii and a Xbox then the answer to the WiiU is there by doing a search on here or even google.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry yeah I should have read those first I missed them. It does seem pretty basic. Well easiest way to learn to swim is to dive in the deep end so I will.

One question though there's no external hard drive support right I need to buy a big sd card?

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry yeah I should have read those first I missed them. It does seem pretty basic. Well easiest way to learn to swim is to dive in the deep end so I will.

One question though there's no external hard drive support right I need to buy a big sd card?
Depends on how much games you want and how much GB they are

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You basically go to a website twice in the web browser
Actually, you only need to go to the browser once, if you use latest exploits which auto-boots the homebrew launcher.

how easy it is :
- copy homebrew on SD
- visit a website
- done.

there's no permanent hack to install on the console, all is temporarily launched from visiting a website.

How difficult is loadline to use?
Nothing difficult using it. the hardest part is probably dumping (or whatever) the game and puting it to your SD card in the correct folder.
loadiine just list the games, that you select to launch them.

What is the best guide to use for the hack?
to use loadiine, the best guide is loadiine thread itself.
if you want more information you can visit the stickied ultimate wiiu hacking guide. You should read it once even if you want only loadiine.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with the 5.5.1 kernal exploit.

I installed java 8 and changed the command prompt to the location of haxserver.jar (C:\kexploit) but when I put in the command java -jar HaxServer.jar it says java is not recognized as an internal or external command operating program or batch file.

Not sure if it matters but I'm on Windows 10 64

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you reboot after installing java ?
maybe the environment variable is not correctly set and needs a reboot, or install went wrong and forgot to add it for you.
You can add the path to java folder in your "PATH" environment variable.
if you don't know how to do it, just ask, someone will explain.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking this may happen I don't think I can do the exploit at all. I have wifi at my apartment so I have no access to a router and it's not all that fast but I have the hax running on my computer where it shows exploits data errors 0 and I got my IP4 which is 192.168.5.58 so on my wii u I put http://192.168.5.58/hax?kexploit10 but it doesn't load says Error code: 112-1028 could not display page. I'm not sure if it's the speed of the internet or maybe there's something with the wifi provider blocking transfering data like this I have no idea. But I can run regular internet pages from the wii u ok. I turned my antivirus and firewall completely off didn't help.

I could take my Wii U somewhere temporarily where I can do the exploit but I'll need to do the same thing to run games every time right?

EDIT:All of that may not matter apparently the Wii U isn't reading my sd card for some reason it's a toshiba formatted to fat32.

Does an sd card show up in settings at all cause if it's supposed to it's not reading another one I put in either wtf.

I find it odd because the same sd card worked in my 3ds and computer and Wii. I tried turning off the Wii U and putting in both and neither were read. That's great I probably have a defective sd card reader in my Wii U.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays