How did you come to enjoy classic gaming?

PaullyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
master00d said:
well for me started when my father bought the firs pc (dos) the first game ever was snake.....also a game with gorillas in top of some buildings i cant really remember its name (no it not kingkong)

Those would be Gorillas and Nibbles

Came out not long after we got our first ibm compatible also, good ol 286@21MHz with 1MB of RAM and a 40MB hard disk with VGA graphics. lol it was a beast at the time, most DOS people were still on XT's and had EGA at best.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really get into games heavily until around the GBA/Gamecube era, so most of the games I played were from that time or later. However, I did have a Sega Genesis and was always receptive to older video games. Some of my early favorites are Super Mario Bros. 3 (Classic), Tetris for Gameboy, Sonic the Hedgehog, and a lot of the other popular titles. I still play a lot of classic games despite a nice stream of new ones coming out.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Played games like decathlon and pacman from 5 1/4 bootdiscs on pc...
wink.gif

Ah... there.

i-1.jpg

Either it was that one or a very similar model. 4,7Mhz and no harddrive. But a realtime clock! Wohoo!

p.s. I'm not as old as you think now. I started very early.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, indirectly thanks to a Super Mario Youtube video and a series of other events I fell in love with retro gaming, starting with battling Airman in Megaman 2 to see if he really "couldn't be defeated". I love them to death. I'd say I got into gaming around late SNES/Early N64 era, but didn't get into retro gaming until about 3 years ago, in the 7th generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol