Hacking How did Nintendo DSi+Internet work?

theoldmototoad50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know the app that comes pre-installed on your Nintendo DSi called Nintendo DSi+Internet?
Well how does it work? What video format does it use? Is there any way to convert a video to that format and watch it in the same way as Nintendo DSi+Internet?

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised with all the homebrew, that went on, no one tried installing a better browser, I believe Opera [lite?] was initially installed or was that the one on the DS lite card & Memory expansion, I'm thinking of? There was also one other very light browser by a company that had exclusive rights IIRC to allow browsing thru McD's wifi, with little hassle, until all the homeless started gathering there for lunch and bringing their laptops, and charging bricks, making Mc D's the new 'Urban Train Station' A place, to charge, surf, eat and sleep all for a buck (cost of a burger)

sorry for getting off-topic...

Jonatan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you want a video player that looks and feels very much like the DSi+Internet application, you can use Robs "Rocket Video Player", this is propably the closest you will get. I don't think there is a way to change the video of the DSi+Internet application.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig