Tutorial  Updated

How create a safe power button for Nintendo Switch.

Hi everyone i wrote an other topic for the same reason: I would't like turn on my cfw switch accidentally.
In my previous topic I wanted to mount a slide switch on the battery but someone told me that I would risk frying the eproom of my console,
so I opted for a more pragmatic solution: A safe power Button!
IMG_20200506_155242.jpg
Necessary:
A Screw for wood
A Little piece of plastic from broken Joypad,A screw of an old broken Joypad
A Driverscrew with 2 tips:1 with classical cross and one with three point
Multi socket with individual switch
IMG_20200506_154815.jpg IMG_20200506_112715.jpg IMG_20200506_160052.jpg IMG_20200506_154923.jpg

Disassembly only the backplate of console:

Only 4 tri point screw
1.png

2.png

4.png
5.png
7.png

Now you can do a little hole with the screw for wood.Only with the hand you can push slowly the screw in the soft plastic:
8.jpg

After this you extract the wooden screw and now you can put your little joypad screw with little of force,go down slowly so you create a perfect hole for your screw.
Now you do same thing for the little piece of plastic.
IMG_20200506_112708.jpg

Now you put all togheter like this:
IMG_20200506_155227.jpg IMG_20200506_155242.jpg

The final result:
IMG_20200506_181127.jpg

When you turn off your console and put in the dock remember to turn off the individual switch of multi socket!
IMG_20200506_154923.jpg

Sorry for my english!!!!
Byeeeeee!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_155242.jpg
    IMG_20200506_155242.jpg
    906.3 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_20200506_154815.jpg
    IMG_20200506_154815.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20200506_112715.jpg
    IMG_20200506_112715.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 303
  • 3.png
    3.png
    480.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_20200506_161404.jpg
    IMG_20200506_161404.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_20200506_154914.jpg
    IMG_20200506_154914.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by riff82,

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To turn off the Switch you would have to hold the power button for a second... so I actually find it hard to turn it off or on accidentally.
But hey if you had fun doing this more power to you.

Last edited by tatumanu,
Reactions: alivebacon

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To turn off the Switch you would have to hold the power button for a second... so I actually find it hard to turn it off or on accidentally.
But hey if you had fun doing this more power to you.
If you read the first sentence, its because OP does not want the console to turn on automatically, not off. Whether its because he has AutoRCM enabled or he wants to avoid being banned, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As Dark Ronin wrote above, this looks really rough around the edges. But if it suits the OP's needs, then good for him. I don't expect too many people trying this mod on their Switch, though.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind the idea behind this, but that's a lot of work for something that looks meh.
Also just don't hit the button? Second of all a switch (power switch, not nintendo switch) would probably be nicer looking if possible.

Last edited by Mythical,

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you read the first sentence, its because OP does not want the console to turn on automatically, not off. Whether its because he has AutoRCM enabled or he wants to avoid being banned, I'm sure he has his reasons.
I did read but I admit my phrasing was lacking. but I did say in the end of my post I don't see how you can turn it on or off, that is because the button is small and not sticking out. I'm just confused as in what situation this problem would acure and actually i guess it would make more sense if he doesn't have autoRCM on combined with no emuNAND, thats the only reason I can think off and for that I would just put autoRCM on. As to be clear I'm just confused about why do this I am NOT criticising disrespectfully. I always admire people with guts to tinker with their stuff btw.

riff82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thx guys i admit that it's a little raw,but I think I'll file the little piece of plastic and i'll repair the scratches under the piece with a car pen to remove the scratches.
I done this because my family take the console or to clean the desktop or to play and sometimes they touch the button inadvertently and so they discharged the battery with the autorcm.
Don't worry for the console i paid it only 50 euro in the flea market as broken,i saw rust on the usb of console,i cleaned all the usb port and magically console turn on after a charge.
I done these works also for other console like my 20 euro ps3,it's one of my passions, i search a console in the flea market and repair it.

Last edited by riff82,

metalpsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

i have auto rcm enabled and i think i tried to power up switch without rcm jig a few times, nothing happened. is there a problem with accidentally powering up auto rcm switch without the jig other than being banned?

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thx guys i admit that it's a little raw,but I think I'll file the little piece of plastic and i'll repair the scratches under the piece with a car pen to remove the scratches.
I done this because my family take the console or to clean the desktop or to play and sometimes they touch the button inadvertently and so they discharged the battery with the autorcm.
Don't worry for the console i paid it only 50 euro in the flea market as broken,i saw rust on the usb of console,i cleaned all the usb port and magically console turn on after a charge.
I done these works also for other console like my 20 euro ps3,it's one of my passions, i search a console in the flea market and repair it.
Install an trinket chip which always injects a payload and your issue is history [emoji4]

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: riff82

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i have auto rcm enabled and i think i tried to power up switch without rcm jig a few times, nothing happened. is there a problem with accidentally powering up auto rcm switch without the jig other than being banned?

are you serious AutoRCM is used so you dont have to use the jig only payload loader wow ppl now a days dont read at all btw preventing tu turn on the console could be done in so many ways that dont need to break your console plastic cover over the button will do fine or dont turn it off put it in sleep mode

Last edited by LyuboA,

riff82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Install an trinket chip which always injects a payload and your issue is history [emoji4]

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk
Yeah i know but with coronavirus it's very hard to find the trinket and also a new precision soldier,my last was broken after so many years of honourable career.
I do this rough solution for those who can't weld and also for fun!!! Like steampunk switch infact I would like to find a coverage kits for joycon with steampunk stile,for 50 euros of console,very FUN!!!:yayswitch:

SAKyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console will stay on in rcm but it appears to be off, this will kill the battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: