1. riff82

OP riff82 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi everyone i wrote an other topic for the same reason: I would't like turn on my cfw switch accidentally.
    In my previous topic I wanted to mount a slide switch on the battery but someone told me that I would risk frying the eproom of my console,
    so I opted for a more pragmatic solution: A safe power Button!
    IMG_20200506_155242.jpg
    Necessary:
    A Screw for wood
    A Little piece of plastic from broken Joypad,A screw of an old broken Joypad
    A Driverscrew with 2 tips:1 with classical cross and one with three point
    Multi socket with individual switch
    IMG_20200506_154815.jpg IMG_20200506_112715.jpg IMG_20200506_160052.jpg IMG_20200506_154923.jpg

Disassembly only the backplate of console:

Only 4 tri point screw
    1.png

2.png
    4.png 5.png 7.png
    Now you can do a little hole with the screw for wood.Only with the hand you can push slowly the screw in the soft plastic:
    8.jpg
    After this you extract the wooden screw and now you can put your little joypad screw with little of force,go down slowly so you create a perfect hole for your screw.
    Now you do same thing for the little piece of plastic.
    IMG_20200506_112708.jpg

Now you put all togheter like this:
    IMG_20200506_155227.jpg IMG_20200506_155242.jpg

The final result:
    IMG_20200506_181127.jpg

When you turn off your console and put in the dock remember to turn off the individual switch of multi socket!
    IMG_20200506_154923.jpg

Sorry for my english!!!!
    Byeeeeee!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by riff82, May 6, 2020
    alivebacon, sorabora, zxr750j and 2 others like this.
  2. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    To turn off the Switch you would have to hold the power button for a second... so I actually find it hard to turn it off or on accidentally.
    But hey if you had fun doing this more power to you.

Last edited by tatumanu, May 6, 2020
    alivebacon likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you read the first sentence, its because OP does not want the console to turn on automatically, not off. Whether its because he has AutoRCM enabled or he wants to avoid being banned, I'm sure he has his reasons.

4. Seliph

Seliph Resident Anarcho-Commie

United States
    Cool!

5. Hambrew

Hambrew GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm not gonna disagree and say that it's an inconvenient way to hold down Power for ~5 seconds

alivebacon, Asia81 and Mythical like this.
  6. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Pardon my attitude, but this, errrr, thing looks like a crap to me.
    No offense though, your console - your rules. It just hurts to see this kind of stuff.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee likes this.
  7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    As Dark Ronin wrote above, this looks really rough around the edges. But if it suits the OP's needs, then good for him. I don't expect too many people trying this mod on their Switch, though.

8. Mythical

Mythical GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't mind the idea behind this, but that's a lot of work for something that looks meh.
    Also just don't hit the button? Second of all a switch (power switch, not nintendo switch) would probably be nicer looking if possible.

Last edited by Mythical, May 7, 2020
  9. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    I did read but I admit my phrasing was lacking. but I did say in the end of my post I don't see how you can turn it on or off, that is because the button is small and not sticking out. I'm just confused as in what situation this problem would acure and actually i guess it would make more sense if he doesn't have autoRCM on combined with no emuNAND, thats the only reason I can think off and for that I would just put autoRCM on. As to be clear I'm just confused about why do this I am NOT criticising disrespectfully. I always admire people with guts to tinker with their stuff btw.

alivebacon likes this.
  10. riff82

OP riff82 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    thx guys i admit that it's a little raw,but I think I'll file the little piece of plastic and i'll repair the scratches under the piece with a car pen to remove the scratches.
    I done this because my family take the console or to clean the desktop or to play and sometimes they touch the button inadvertently and so they discharged the battery with the autorcm.
    Don't worry for the console i paid it only 50 euro in the flea market as broken,i saw rust on the usb of console,i cleaned all the usb port and magically console turn on after a charge.
    I done these works also for other console like my 20 euro ps3,it's one of my passions, i search a console in the flea market and repair it.

Last edited by riff82, May 7, 2020
  11. metalpsi

metalpsi Newbie
    Newcomer

Turkey
    i have auto rcm enabled and i think i tried to power up switch without rcm jig a few times, nothing happened. is there a problem with accidentally powering up auto rcm switch without the jig other than being banned?

alivebacon likes this.
  12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No one has been banned so far for using AutoRCM alone.

alivebacon likes this.
  13. popy

popy GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Install an trinket chip which always injects a payload and your issue is history

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

riff82 likes this.
  14. LyuboA

LyuboA Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    are you serious AutoRCM is used so you dont have to use the jig only payload loader wow ppl now a days dont read at all btw preventing tu turn on the console could be done in so many ways that dont need to break your console plastic cover over the button will do fine or dont turn it off put it in sleep mode

Last edited by LyuboA, May 14, 2020
  15. riff82

OP riff82 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Yeah i know but with coronavirus it's very hard to find the trinket and also a new precision soldier,my last was broken after so many years of honourable career.
    I do this rough solution for those who can't weld and also for fun!!! Like steampunk switch infact I would like to find a coverage kits for joycon with steampunk stile,for 50 euros of console,very FUN!!!:yayswitch:

16. XD2020

XD2020 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is a cool tutorial, thank you :)

17. SAKyle

SAKyle Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The console will stay on in rcm but it appears to be off, this will kill the battery.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, create, button