how come im always tired?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im not always tired. just at certain times in the day.
im tired after like 11 pm at night, and i cant really concentrate.
my eyes get really heavy and sometimes i go into this weird state where im partly conscious but partly sleeping ( i do my work but i start writing really odd stuff).
i know thats probably just me not getting enough sleep (about 5 hours a night) but i also get tired after lunch. in 5th period. and its not food coma because i didnt eat one day and i still was sleepy.

i went to the doctor a few months ago for a blood test and they said that have lower iron than usual. and also a minor case of anemia or something. does lower iron make people sleepy?

also, im really busy with school (3 AP classes) and thats why i only sleep 5 hours a night.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Having a lower iron means that your metabolism (sum of all reactions in your body) is lower than normal because the there are less hemoglobins, which is an organic structure containing iron inside that attracts oxygen and delivers it to all cells in your body through your blood.
One of the main reason, though, I believe is because you are growing right now. Human needs more sleep than usual during the maturation phase to recover their bodies more effectively. Being tired simply means that the body wants more sleep.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simple get 8 hrs sleep a night or more!

5 hrs a night is the reason! ....

By the time your fully asleep its time to get up again so go to bed earlier and sleep!

problem solved NEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
granville said:
getting some nuts to snack on
smileipb2.png

C'mon, we all saw that one coming.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah like everyone said, sleep more. at your age, u should be sleeping like 8 to 10 hrs (like that's happening lmao). personally, i survived gr.12 on an average of 5-7 hrs of sleep. also, exercise and a change of diet seem like typical answers as well.

For days that you really need it, try drinking coffee. it's what got me through university exam time xD

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So you only sleep around 5 hours a day and you feel sleepy?
Unless your sleep cycles are 2 1/2 hours each, which they totally could be, try getting different amounts of sleep. Everyone might say 8 hours is the magic number, but that isn't for everyone. It may take a while, but try to figure out what your sleep cycles are and give in to them.

One day you didn't eat and you still felt sleepy?
Umm, of course? I'm pretty sure your body needs energy to feel... energetic
biggrin.gif

Other
This is just another guess at 'why'. Perhaps you are intolerant to gluten? My friend would always get rather sleepy, or at least tired, after eating a sandwich. Turns out the gluten in the bread was causing very minor swelling in his head making him sleepy. Just a though, probably NOT it, though.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, how is your diet? What do you eat normally everyday? Do you eat healthy and take multivitamins? Diet is a big part of maintaining a healthy mind and body especially if you are undergoing a lot of stress. Also, do you snore? I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a year ago, and it was keeping me from getting any REM sleep. I'm not a fat ass/obese either (it has something to do with my nasal cavity collapsing in REM). Anyway, my brain was not getting any real rest because of this so I was tired and irritable. Now, since I've been maintaining my treatment with a CPAP machine every night, I am well rested and dreaming again.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm always falling asleep after lunch too. I sleep at about 12 and get up about 7.30-8.00
I recommend sleeping for 8 hours, perfect time for me. Don't oversleep purposefully, i find that tends to make me feel lax and slow all day.

Gaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all good reasons, but as for the after 11 one, I eat right, sleep well and all that, but I'm still tiredat that time, it means goto bed and sleep, your body is shutting down for a while anyway. The 5th period, or whenever (sounds like school) I would put that down to boredom... boredom makes me tired... school makes me bored... therefore i should be able to sleep at school...but i cant

D

Deleted User

Your actually dead. Your reality is actually a construct made up entirely made up by a dissipating life force. The only way to rid yourself of this dead state and move on to the next plane is to chew dryer lint. But you already knew this because I am part of the construct.

I cant believe you made yourself edit this.

jaywilson

Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
i felt shitty the last year, and have wack sleeping patterns(48hour awake, 16hour sleep)
4 blood tests later i found out im anemic, i take ferracrad C, iron pills, but they doesnt really change anything
its my fault, i barley eat, and if i do its mcdonalds or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny