how come im always tired?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tinymonkeyt, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009

how come im always tired? by tinymonkeyt at 2:11 PM (1,772 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. tinymonkeyt
    OP

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    Well im not always tired. just at certain times in the day.
    im tired after like 11 pm at night, and i cant really concentrate.
    my eyes get really heavy and sometimes i go into this weird state where im partly conscious but partly sleeping ( i do my work but i start writing really odd stuff).
    i know thats probably just me not getting enough sleep (about 5 hours a night) but i also get tired after lunch. in 5th period. and its not food coma because i didnt eat one day and i still was sleepy.

i went to the doctor a few months ago for a blood test and they said that have lower iron than usual. and also a minor case of anemia or something. does lower iron make people sleepy?

also, im really busy with school (3 AP classes) and thats why i only sleep 5 hours a night.

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Yes, low iron in your blood can make you sleepy. I have a similar problem. I suggest getting some nuts to snack on as they have iron.

3. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Having a lower iron means that your metabolism (sum of all reactions in your body) is lower than normal because the there are less hemoglobins, which is an organic structure containing iron inside that attracts oxygen and delivers it to all cells in your body through your blood.
    One of the main reason, though, I believe is because you are growing right now. Human needs more sleep than usual during the maturation phase to recover their bodies more effectively. Being tired simply means that the body wants more sleep.

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    simple get 8 hrs sleep a night or more!

5 hrs a night is the reason! ....

By the time your fully asleep its time to get up again so go to bed earlier and sleep!

problem solved NEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT!

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

C'mon, we all saw that one coming.

6. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Simple solution - Sleep more.

7. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    if you say anemia then maybe you have a low number of red blood cells(a thing in your blood)

8. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Chronic fatigue syndrome.

9. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    yeah like everyone said, sleep more. at your age, u should be sleeping like 8 to 10 hrs (like that's happening lmao). personally, i survived gr.12 on an average of 5-7 hrs of sleep. also, exercise and a change of diet seem like typical answers as well.

For days that you really need it, try drinking coffee. it's what got me through university exam time xD

10. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    So you only sleep around 5 hours a day and you feel sleepy?
    Unless your sleep cycles are 2 1/2 hours each, which they totally could be, try getting different amounts of sleep. Everyone might say 8 hours is the magic number, but that isn't for everyone. It may take a while, but try to figure out what your sleep cycles are and give in to them.

One day you didn't eat and you still felt sleepy?
    Umm, of course? I'm pretty sure your body needs energy to feel... energetic [​IMG]

Other
    This is just another guess at 'why'. Perhaps you are intolerant to gluten? My friend would always get rather sleepy, or at least tired, after eating a sandwich. Turns out the gluten in the bread was causing very minor swelling in his head making him sleepy. Just a though, probably NOT it, though.

11. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Actually, how is your diet? What do you eat normally everyday? Do you eat healthy and take multivitamins? Diet is a big part of maintaining a healthy mind and body especially if you are undergoing a lot of stress. Also, do you snore? I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a year ago, and it was keeping me from getting any REM sleep. I'm not a fat ass/obese either (it has something to do with my nasal cavity collapsing in REM). Anyway, my brain was not getting any real rest because of this so I was tired and irritable. Now, since I've been maintaining my treatment with a CPAP machine every night, I am well rested and dreaming again.

12. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Try to arrange a few days in which you get more sleep than you are usually doing right now, it should do the trick.

13. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I'm always falling asleep after lunch too. I sleep at about 12 and get up about 7.30-8.00
    I recommend sleeping for 8 hours, perfect time for me. Don't oversleep purposefully, i find that tends to make me feel lax and slow all day.

14. Gaia

Newcomer Gaia Advanced Member

Australia
    all good reasons, but as for the after 11 one, I eat right, sleep well and all that, but I'm still tiredat that time, it means goto bed and sleep, your body is shutting down for a while anyway. The 5th period, or whenever (sounds like school) I would put that down to boredom... boredom makes me tired... school makes me bored... therefore i should be able to sleep at school...but i cant

15. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    I feel sleepy as well sometimes and the doctor recommended me some iron supplement once.

16. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Are you a vegetarian? (spelling?[​IMG])

17. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    drink some red bull

18. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Umm you're complaining that you're always tired at 11pm at night and that you only get 5hrs sleep a night? Well use some common sense. Why do you think that is? [​IMG]

19. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Your actually dead. Your reality is actually a construct made up entirely made up by a dissipating life force. The only way to rid yourself of this dead state and move on to the next plane is to chew dryer lint. But you already knew this because I am part of the construct.

I cant believe you made yourself edit this.

20. jaywilson

Member jaywilson GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i felt shitty the last year, and have wack sleeping patterns(48hour awake, 16hour sleep)
    4 blood tests later i found out im anemic, i take ferracrad C, iron pills, but they doesnt really change anything
    its my fault, i barley eat, and if i do its mcdonalds or something