Hacking how close are we to installing games from cartridges on the home menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been seeing a lot of progress with the switch scene lately. I have heard almost all of the terms that are usually associated with making "LEGAL BACKUPS". but so far I have heard no mention of backups or of "Piracy" I use piracy as a loose term meaning all general forms including the moral and non-moral. I know BBB has been very active lately but their work seems to be useless at the moment. Is anyone working on this? or is it too early to ask? I am interested in the scene but I would not like to run Linux on my switch

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully not too far away, I like the convenience of booting all my games without changing the carts. Oh yeah and retro emualtion

Reactions: nachuz

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Sorry, I mistyped - this close: >-------<

But I think the seamstress left a bit of extra material on the sides.
-

For a joking around thread, this has actually proper, usable timeframes in it. Thats probably the best you will get - information wise,

ESPECIALLY, SINCE THIS FORUM ISN'T THERE TO TALK ABOUT (legal) PIRACY.

(Which in this case probably isn't legal at all..)

Last edited by notimp,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably won't be long after the release of Atmosphère for backup-loading to appear, and Atmosphère will likely be completed in June or earlier.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ill double check. :) If thats the case, I'm sorry to have spread misinformation.

I'm not a fan of this approach though, as piracy talk usually draws a crowd with one interest primarily - them wanting to get - piracy.

Which makes for some pretty lousy conversations - because, everything they want to talk about gets pretty one note after a while... :)

If you don't deal in piracy in your community it usually makes sense to not support it either.

edit: Seems that you are right sir, and we do talk about piracy in here. Although apparently we dont condone it.
(See: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms )

Last edited by notimp,

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
100% sure

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Means cfw release. We don't know what tools it will come with.
Backup loader doesn't come with fusee gelee that's for sure!

Hopefully not too far away, I like the convenience of booting all my games without changing the carts. Oh yeah and retro emualtion
You like the convenience to have all games for free!
You can buy the games you want digitally so you can put them in one sd card!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Backup loader doesn't come with fusee gelee that's for sure!

You like the convenience to have all games for free!
You can buy the games you want digitally so you can put them in one sd card!
That's not what I said was it, I don't like digital copies as I never really own the game, hard drives fail, sd cards die and one day it'll happen when the servers don't exist anymore, and I'll lose the game forever.

Having the cartridges is as good as it gets but has the inconvenience of having to swap them whenever I want to play something different, I want legit games I own that I don't have to carry around 10, 15, 20 cartridges whenever I want to play something differemt

Reactions: DarthDub

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a "Legal backup copy" with Nintendo.....just check here: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Reactions: garyopa
D

Deleted-351540

Ill double check. :) If thats the case, I'm sorry to have spread misinformation.

I'm not a fan of this approach though, as piracy talk usually draws a crowd with one interest primarily - them wanting to get - piracy.

Which makes for some pretty lousy conversations - because, everything they want to talk about gets pretty one note after a while... :)

If you don't deal in piracy in your community it usually makes sense to not support it either.

edit: Seems that you are right sir, and we do talk about piracy in here. Although apparently we dont condone it.
(See: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms )
No, we don't condone it. However GBATemp usually allows discussion of the topic.

I don't disagree. Piracy discussion usually leads to people going off topic, arguments, and people screaming about "want mah gaemz!" Which is why I generally stay out of those topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY