Homebrew How can I tell what firmware I have, and can I put emulators or rom inject to it

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got my 3ds like 2 weeks ago brand new. I want to know how I can tell what firmware it is.

Also I was told before that even not being hacked, it might be possible to still play snes/gba roms on it.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to system settings and say the VER.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the top screen

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, let's stop for a second now. Remember PSP? Remember how we talked about OFW (Official Firmware) and CFW (Custom Firmware)? Wellp, it does not make any sense for 3DS. Remember cakesFW and the infamous firmware.bin everyone forgot about since the first release of luma? Well, that's the 3DS's actual firmware and it's about a megabyte or so long (up to 8 MB? if i'm not mistaken). The rest of the system, the rest of the space up to 900, 1200, 1600 MB are mostly system titles (check 3dbrew). How do we may call them? System titles, operating system, home menu? Idk. But they. are. not. firmware. In fact, you can have the 3ds firmware in a version, have the NVER and the CVER titles in another version and have the rest of system titles in an intermediate version (between firm and NVER-CVER) and system will boot (Probably not fully working but will boot).

So please refer to the 3DS software version as software version, the firmware version as firmware version and anything in between just specify.

Yeah, system preferences will do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k