Hacking How can I make backups of the games I own?

jbeave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own any flash carts or anything yet, I want to know what I need first.

I've read that I can back up a game to a slot-2 device, which is the GBA part right? I have an idea of what to buy but I need to know how to do the actual backing up process. Are there any guides on how to do it?

And no, I can't download the games off the internet. That seems to be the popular way of doing it everywhere I look. I want to back up my physical copies to digital. Any help is appreciated.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Why not just download copys of games that you already own. Would save you alot of hassle. Anyways just get a proper slot-2 flashcard and download rudoplhs back up tool, should be on the download section of this site i believe.

jbeave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Anyways just get a proper slot-2 flashcard and download rudoplhs back up tool

Is that really all there is to it? Would I still need an M3 or whatever to play the backups?

I need to find a slot-2 flashcard, would EZFlash 3-1 work?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:
Why not just download copys of games that you already own.

Because that would be illegal.

It might be illegal, just like driving over the speed limit is illegal, and dangerous.

Downloading games that you already own is not ill-moral, since you already paid for them. Use some logic and common sense. Or you worried the Nintendo police are going to track you down and sue you if you download roms?

jbeave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could download them, I would. I just don't have the greatest connection and it would take forever (yes, it's that bad).

Please answer my question if you can.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get rudolphs nds backup tool. yes you could use an ezflash 3 in 1, provided you have a slot 1 card as well. personally i use a max media dock. for the ezflash 3in1, download the 3in1 backup tool, if you decide to get a slot 2 card, go for the slot 2 backup tool, if you want to use just a slot 1 card, no slot 2 card or ezflash, and you have wifi, get the wifi backup tool. you should be able to find them all on rudolph's site.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jbeave said:
Ok, that's more allong the lines of what I wanted to know.

Another question. If I buy this: http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-ex...rosd-p-379.html would it work the same as EZFlash? It says it comes with a GBA expansion pack, or is that not the same thing?
I'd recommend this one:
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

It's cheaper and it works. I also recommend getting an Acekard 2 from that same site. Only problem is that it takes forever to ship...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the M3 Real expansion won't work with the NDS Backup Tool slot-2 version. I'd recommend the 3in1 first, or if you must get something else, get something with its own microSD slot that can run DS homebrew (slot-2 Supercard, slot-2 M3, possibly EZ-Flash IV, etc).

In theory you can use the "wifi" version of NDS Backup Tool right now, but it would require you to setup your own FTP server on your computer. This isn't difficult, but transfer speeds would be very slow.

jbeave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'd recommend this one:
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

It's cheaper and it works. I also recommend getting an Acekard 2 from that same site. Only problem is that it takes forever to ship...

Really? Not too sure I want to trust dealextreme with this type of thing. That site has a bad rep for selling fake flash anything, at least that's what people say at another site I go to. I might think about it since it's so cheap though...

jbeave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
get rudolphs nds backup tool. yes you could use an ezflash 3 in 1, provided you have a slot 1 card as well. personally i use a max media dock. for the ezflash 3in1, download the 3in1 backup tool, if you decide to get a slot 2 card, go for the slot 2 backup tool, if you want to use just a slot 1 card, no slot 2 card or ezflash, and you have wifi, get the wifi backup tool. you should be able to find them all on rudolph's site

One last thing. Does that mean I can't backup anything without a slot-1 card? I just wouldn't be able to play the backups, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5