Homebrew How can i make a homebrew game??

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have this project in mind to create a game similar to F-Zero. i have the graphic design skills. i just need help being pointed in the right direction. Skullcollector has already helped me a bit only with sending me links to PAlib and devkitPro. what else do i need? what 3d animation program is recommended, what engine should i use? any ideas on what exactly id need in the programming?

my reason: F-Zero is a really cool game that i think should have been made for the DS AGES ago! and im tired of not being able to play games that i know could be really great. if this project succeeds it could be the beginning of many more great games for the DS to come...

option #2: if anyone would like to form a team who has the right programming skills this could be even better instead of having to do all the work yourself, especially if one doesnt have lots of time. this could also make the game get released quicker.

if someone would like to form a team and is dedicated enough as i am then please message me on aim: Lightmare1515

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have ANY programing skills, but i think you should go for it. we NEED an F-Zero game on the DS.
biggrin.gif

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are not going to make a game for you nor are you magically going to be able to make a F-Zero game overnight. A game takes a very long time to make, even for very talented coders. Commercial games can take years to make with large teams of payed people. People that make homebrew are just a single person or small group of people doing it for the enjoyment or for learning to improve their coding skills. Their games are not going to come anywhere close to the quality of commercial games.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are two ways to make your Game...
1. Learn a Programming (mostly C++(im learning it myself)
or
2. Use DS Game Maker and ask for some help on the Forums there
you have to pay 11 Bucks for the Pro Version(I got mine for 5 dollars on christmas)
If you need any help ill be more than Happy to (TRY) and help you...
Im good with Graphics can get some Music for the game from past games(any of them)...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
First you should by a notebook and jot down as many ideas and level designs (maybe sprite and character designs if your gonna do you own) and then do the above post's ways of making your game.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to help out with this game(if you use DS Game Maker
I have a Pro Version wich will come in handy (hopefully i can give you a key i ca use it 5 times)
i havent installed it yet cuz my pc is currently down im using a junk PC...

PM me if you want my help
wink.gif

jeremy506

Some dude.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Christ. It would have to be overhead view and 2D.

Use DS Game Maker or PAlib.

PAlib has far more extendivity and is faster at compile. You need a team of 2 or 3. I am in with this project as I have experience with coding and spriting. PM me please.

Oh and one on my games : Download Example of my Creation

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64Temp said:
He was just asking for help on how to programme so get your nerdy anime pictures away from here.
I find it ironic someone on this forum is calling someone else a nerd. He was more than asking for help, he wanted people to make the game for him.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Magmorph said:
N64Temp said:
He was just asking for help on how to programme so get your nerdy anime pictures away from here.
I find it ironic someone on this forum is calling someone else a nerd. He was more than asking for help, he wanted people to make the game for him.
He wasn't the nerd, the anime picture was.

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your replies guys i will pm you who are in with this project.

and to the people who pointed out the obvious by saying games cant be made over night or no ones gonna make me a game here. thats NOT what im asking for in any way! im asking to make a team or get someone to give me a nice start to game making.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment