Hacking how can i get Japanese text to work on USB loader gx?

satanishere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,

I am trying to get USB loader GX to properly display in Japanese, but everytime i change the language file nearly all of the boxes are blank. how can i get this working right?

TIA.

satanishere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
satanishere said:
hi guys,

I am trying to get USB loader GX to properly display in Japanese, but everytime i change the language file nearly all of the boxes are blank. how can i get this working right?

TIA.

consider this closed as i got an answer from cyan in another thread. for those who are curious here are the steps he gave

download the Default.them file.

• Rename the file to default-jp.them (or whatever you want).

• rename line 17 from :
"Image-Folder: Example\n"
to
"Image-Folder: default-jp\n"

• Save the file and put it into the "theme folder" defined in your "user defined paths" menu in the loader.

• In the theme folder, add a new folder named default-jp (this is the folder name you defined in the .them file)

• put your font.ttf in the default-jp folder

• Launch USBLoaderGX, go to Theme browser and load "default-jp"

The "default-jp" theme will load with all default values, and all the contents in the designated folder will replace the default values/images/sounds defined in the .them file.
To replace an element (image or sound) you just need to put a file with the exact filename. it will be loaded instead of the default GX theme.
To modify the element position you need to edit the .them file.

Reactions: timtimFR

Coult45USMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife is Japanese and has a Japanese Wii 4.1J. I successfully soft modded it, and it runs USB Loader GX just fine (except for the problem that you mentioned in your original post). I tried the fix that you suggested and I'm having no luck with it. We can use her Wii to play any and every game so far...It's just an annoyance with the empty text boxes. Any further guidance you can offer would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small