Emulation How can I fic error code 102-2501

Ayranman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So a year ago I got banned in splatoon because I had some visual mods. Wasn't hacking. So I unbanned my console with this tutorial :https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-unban-a-wii-u-102-2814-complete-guide.477484/ . But cemu still won't work, (I don't remember the error code from then). So i thought if I reset the console everthing will be fine. I had CBHC ;( . Now I unbricked it with UDIPH or something like that. Now a year later cemu still won't work and if got no idea why. The error code is 102-2501. Everything on my Wii U is fine btw .It just sucks.
Please help.

:wacko:
I'm really sorry for the typo

Last edited by Ayranman,

AsierMR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I had the same problem and managed to fix it. It turns out Cemu still has the old id.
You need to edit seeprom.bin on a hex editor and change your old console id to the new one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take any hex editor (like HxD), open seeprom.bin, search for the old id (it's pretty easy to spot), and replace it with the new one. Then it should work! :)
I mean how does the wiiu know it's been changed? I know of no way to change the seeprom or otp with the system knowing the change.

AsierMR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I mean how does the wiiu know it's been changed? I know of no way to change the seeprom or otp with the system knowing the change.
The ban is server-side, which means that the WiiU sends the current ID when connecting to it. If it's in the server's blacklist, then it won't let you access. That's why it's a console ban, and it's done in a game-by-game basis.
By changing the ID (the WiiU doesn't need to "know" anything), the server will receive an ID that isn't banned, so you will be able to play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg