PS1/2 How can i burn ps2 games over 4gb?

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i like ripped like Xenosaga like the first game and like download Onimusha Dawns of the Samurai or w/e .
but i notice like the games are like over 4gb big .. What can i do to like shrink the game ? or is there another way to burn it ?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Like burn them to a like Dual Layer dvd (DVD9, 8.5GB, like). Like they are more like expensive than like DVD5 though like like like.

Another option is to shrink them down by reducing the quality of the videos included in the ISO. I've never tried it myself though, so I wouldn't know where to start. I've only ran across one game that gave me that problem, God of War, and I ended up buying it instead.
Google search "shrink ps2 isos" or something similar. You'll probably find info on the afterdawn forums too.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Both Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (gr8 game) and Xenosaga are multi dvd games. If you are seeing archives that are 7-8G it doesn't mean you need dual layer, it means there are 2x dvd5 (4.7GB each) in the archive. Burning them to dual layer will not work as you need to switch discs for both games.
Only games I remember that needed dual layer were God of War 1&2 and Rogue Galaxy (might be one or 2 more) and these would only boot for me If I patched them with toxic patcher before burning them to dvd9. What Samutz said about down-sampling the fmv/vids and rebuilding the ISO would work, or just download an already rebuilt iso.
Burning the games you mentioned to DVD9 will NOT work as they are DVD5 games spread across multiple dvds.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Both Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (gr8 game) and Xenosaga are multi dvd games. If you are seeing archives that are 7-8G it doesn't mean you need dual layer, it means there are 2x dvd5 (4.7GB each) in the archive. Burning them to dual layer will not work as you need to switch discs for both games.
Only games I remember that needed dual layer were God of War 1&2 and Rogue Galaxy (might be one or 2 more) and these would only boot for me If I patched them with toxic patcher before burning them to dvd9. What Samutz said about down-sampling the fmv/vids and rebuilding the ISO would work, or just download an already rebuilt iso.
Burning the games you mentioned to DVD9 will NOT work as they are DVD5 games spread across multiple dvds.

Lol I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?