How can i burn ps2 games over 4gb?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Tsuchy, Nov 13, 2007.

Nov 13, 2007
  1. Tsuchy
    OP

Member Tsuchy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yea i like ripped like Xenosaga like the first game and like download Onimusha Dawns of the Samurai or w/e .
    but i notice like the games are like over 4gb big .. What can i do to like shrink the game ? or is there another way to burn it ?

2. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    Like burn them to a like Dual Layer dvd (DVD9, 8.5GB, like). Like they are more like expensive than like DVD5 though like like like.

Another option is to shrink them down by reducing the quality of the videos included in the ISO. I've never tried it myself though, so I wouldn't know where to start. I've only ran across one game that gave me that problem, God of War, and I ended up buying it instead.
    Google search "shrink ps2 isos" or something similar. You'll probably find info on the afterdawn forums too.

3. Tsuchy
    OP

Member Tsuchy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks man appreciate it

4. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Both Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (gr8 game) and Xenosaga are multi dvd games. If you are seeing archives that are 7-8G it doesn't mean you need dual layer, it means there are 2x dvd5 (4.7GB each) in the archive. Burning them to dual layer will not work as you need to switch discs for both games.
    Only games I remember that needed dual layer were God of War 1&2 and Rogue Galaxy (might be one or 2 more) and these would only boot for me If I patched them with toxic patcher before burning them to dvd9. What Samutz said about down-sampling the fmv/vids and rebuilding the ISO would work, or just download an already rebuilt iso.
    Burning the games you mentioned to DVD9 will NOT work as they are DVD5 games spread across multiple dvds.

5. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
  6. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    you can "flatten" them to dvd 5 there are tuturials around

or you can "aquire" flattened games already online

7. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil

Lol I