Hacking Question How can I block the news feed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter genericuser
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,980
  • Replies Replies 7

genericuser

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
123
Reaction score
39
Trophies
0
XP
181
Country
Is there a way to block the news feed without affecting anything else?
Is it enough to just untick all the boxes or do I need to block an IP on my router or something?
 
Rather be more interested in HOW :). If you can block it, you could capture the messages. And then you can edit them. And then you can insert items for Zelda etc.
 
Is there a way to block the news feed without affecting anything else?
Is it enough to just untick all the boxes or do I need to block an IP on my router or something?
Why though? It's not like they are in the way and they are useful in discovering newly released games or new content for games or getting free items in BotW.
 
Someone asked me about it because they wanted to block mature content from the news feed. I was curious if the news feed could be blocked entirely. Am I asking in the right place?
 
No, this doesn't have to do with Switch - Hacking and Homebrew. Anyway, there is no mature content in GBATemp news articles. Just don't scroll beyond the post and you're good!

Perhaps you misunderstand. I am not trying to avoid mature content. The purpose of this topic was to determine if it is possible to block the news feed entirely. I find it annoying. There are already threads in this forum about blocking updates etc. so this looked like a good place to ask.
 
Perhaps you misunderstand. I am not trying to avoid mature content. The purpose of this topic was to determine if it is possible to block the news feed entirely. I find it annoying. There are already threads in this forum about blocking updates etc. so this looked like a good place to ask.
Oh yeah, I did. Look for 'Nintendo Switch News Feed URL Packets' online, if they are there you can use a DNS if provided, create your own with OpenDNS, or go to your router settings and block those urls, which is most reliable. If you can't find the URL packets, use Wireshark on your computer and dump them yourself and then follow one of three procedures above, using those URLs, and maybe post them here for the rest of us.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted