Hacking How bad is it?

DaFees

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I like the sound of this freeclip now. However, when you say feed it the latest YAOSM and it'll flash it for you,... what does that mean. Does that mean I'll lose all my data or do you mean it'll allow me to run that iso that jayparadox recommended?

P.S. is there a way I can check a .wad file to know ahead of time whether or not it would brick my wii?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
You'll be flashing the mod chip with YAOSM... the mod chip just controls your DVD-ROM (ie, tells it to allow burned discs). This will not affect your wii save data at all... once the chip is in, you will be able to run the fix disc though.

I just had a thought - did you update your wii to version 3.3? If you did, even with a mod chip, you won't be able to run the fix disc because it's trucha signed.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is good luck!
smile.gif

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah your SUPER SCREWED if you have 3.3 (update on June 16th)

Btw, when my wii broke, there was a place 20 minutes away from me called united radio and they fixed my wii for free and it took only 20-30 minutes!
grog.gif

DaFees

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I have the latest update, so I guess I am super screwed then?

My only hope now is if ninty will fix it? (damn all those hours and all that stuff unlock in SSBB and Mario Kart Wii)

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
well I have the latest update, so I guess I am super screwed then?

My only hope now is if ninty will fix it? (damn all those hours and all that stuff unlock in SSBB and Mario Kart Wii)
3.3?...awww. Well then
rolleyes.gif
You're screwed.
frown.gif

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't it possible to make a bootable disc iso out of the Gecko OS? ( like the GC OS Swapable disc )
If so, he would be able to boot the trucha disc with 3.3 if he would use a modchip.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
TaxiTitan said:
Isn't it possible to make a bootable disc iso out of the Gecko OS? ( like the GC OS Swapable disc )
If so, he would be able to boot the trucha disc with 3.3 if he would use a modchip.
Even if you would make a disc like this it would be trucha signed to run, so it is useless (I think
rolleyes.gif
)

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
The only possibility I have come up with... is if you can make zelda auto-bootable without signing it... perhaps then you could load wad manager using twilight hack - if you still have the twilight hack save game on your wii.

This is a scenario I'd not thought of... more reason to stay on 3.2!

Hideki-kun

Trophies
Website
techno-bite.com
XP
Country
SenorClean said:
The only possibility I have come up with... is if you can make zelda auto-bootable without signing it... perhaps then you could load wad manager using twilight hack - if you still have the twilight hack save game on your wii.

It wouldn't be possible unless the TP Hack 3.3 save was already on the system, and I reckon in would still need signing.

NINTENDO DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait is this like this for all games...

...lets say i want install Chrono Trigger with banner from a certain forum called gctracker..
....is their a chance of my wii being bricked?

Hideki-kun

Trophies
Website
techno-bite.com
XP
Country
NINTENDO DS said:

...lets say i want install Chrono Trigger with banner from a certain forum called gctracker..
Short answer : Yes.
Long answer: If you read comments prolly no.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
T-Hideki// said:
SenorClean said:

It wouldn't be possible unless the TP Hack 3.3 save was already on the system, and I reckon in would still need signing.
Wait. Do a Zelda autoboot (if signing is not needed/however I am almost sure it does/), run Savegame Installer, install Zelda Hack (however: it must be "redone" to make a compability with installer) then run wad manager and voila.

1. dont you ned to sign for an autoboot?
2. ho would he be able to run savegame installer if he doesnt already have the twilight hack on his wii.

think a bit =/

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
2. ho would he be able to run savegame installer if he doesnt already have the twilight hack on his wii.

think a bit =/
Bad day, today. First thing isn't that obvious but second
rofl2.gif
I lol'd! Because my post!
shy.gif
shy.gif
shy.gif
shy.gif
shy.gif
shy.gif

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
QUOTE said:

think a bit =/
Bad day, today.

=p

hmm..
it might be posible with a little modchip firmware hacking.

if we can get a modchip to boot a trucha dish..

hmm..

is it possible to make modifications to games without needing to trucha?
if it is, we could try to find a way to stack smash..

gah, this seems impssible.
as ive said, the only way wed be able to do it is to get an option on a modchip to boot trucha disks. I mean, if it can be done soft mod (Gecko) then im sure there'll be a way to do it hard mod..

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NINTENDO DS said:

people would not upload games that brick your wii, unless there really a bitch. and chrono trigger works fine.

samhush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this as well. I was trying to make a Super Tecmo Bowl Wad with custom banners and now I get the black screen after the health and safety warning. I have firmware 3.3 so I guess I fall into the "superscrewed" category. I will wait patiently for a fix, until then
cry.gif

P.S. I do have a WiiKey installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL