Hacking How about some good feedback?

juancarlos234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THe DSTT is my first DS Flash whatever it's actually called nowadays.

It's so awesome, if it was in human form I'd have sex with it. Unfortunately, the holes just a tiny bit too small at the moment.

Anyway, I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Had a bit of a kerfuffle when I first got it (Didn't come with the actual files, plus the whole R4DS CHANGED THEIR NAME THANKS TO CHINESE LAWS thing) but aart from that, it's absolutely brilliant. The only game I haven't been able to play using it is Contra 4, and I'm trying out a different ROM as we speak.

Homebrew works great, autopatching ftw. Got Lameboy on it, and I'll have a look around for different apps when I get the chance.

There hasn't been a day I haven't used my DS since I got this wonderful thing, I've actually stopped playing my 360 because of it. Was right in the middle of Mass Effect and everything.

In short, (From a first time user) the DSTT is awesome. Also, make a slightly larger hole in it plz. Or just send someone with DSTT tattooed on their forehead round my way, either way I'm happy.

juancarlos234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I originally intended to buy an R4, but had no idea where to get one from.

Tried out a Google sponsored link, and ordered one. A few days later I got a DSTT and a little slip of paper saying R4 had to chage their name to DSTT due to Chinese Laws.

I noticed a post on here about it a while back, so I thought it was a well-known thing. Apparently not.

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSTT has worked well for me. It's easy to use and setup. I haven't encountered any real issues with the firmware - That's not to say that it can be improved as time goes on. On the odd occasion the card may have to be ejected and re inserted because the ds doesn't see it, but that's no big deal. Thumbs up for the DSTT. A trap for new players is the spring loaded Micro SD slot, but once you know how to use it, I don't see it as a problem. I'd recommend the DSTT.

Pulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^not sure if this is really true
they lied to u lol
because they had no R4DS in stock they sent you the $30 DSTT see how much you paid for it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as far as I can tell, the R4 is not the same thing as the DSTT. They don't use the same firmware or anything.

-Bri

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried out a Google sponsored link, and ordered one. A few days later I got a DSTT and a little slip of paper saying R4 had to chage their name to DSTT due to Chinese Laws.
The DSTT and R4 are made by completely different teams. Whoever sold you the cart is lying; most likely in hopes to prevent you from filing a complaint.

You may not care since you received an arguably equal or better flashcart, but its still something you should know.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I originally intended to buy an R4, but had no idea where to get one from.

Tried out a Google sponsored link, and ordered one. A few days later I got a DSTT and a little slip of paper saying R4 had to chage their name to DSTT due to Chinese Laws.

I noticed a post on here about it a while back, so I thought it was a well-known thing. Apparently not.
And I think that post about it was how that story is false and the store was trying to rip people off.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there was a post on here about it a couple weeks ago. The store was ripping people off.

But the original poster sounds pretty happy with the DSTT, so no harm I guess.

juancarlos234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know they were lying, thats the point XD

Hell, I think the DSTT is awesome, that's all that matters. If only I could find a Contra 4 ROM that works...

juancarlos234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm ot too worried about UI. Way I see it, I only spend like 3 seconds looking at it anyway, since I just go straight into playing games. Plus custom themes help.

Thanks for the Contra save, gunna try it out now:D

Gunna get an SDHC card in a few days, 1GB just isn't enough XD

EDIT - Contra now works perfectly, thanks so much
happy.gif

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@MudahBoris
about the contra game , dont know if its a firmware thing or not but i put firmware v1.07 on my dstt and it worked no problem .
maybe it was the old v1.06 that contra wouldnt work with .
woof811.
nds.gif

Darkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently using a DSTT 1.07 with a 4GB SDHC Card and I have yet to run into any sort of problem with any game. I've already beat Contra 4 without a single error.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my DSTT today and I freakin love it! Haven't experienced any of the problems with booting it up that I've seen posted here, and even my skins look fantastic! I really outdid myself with that FFXII skin, actually....

...anyway...um, yeah. I'm gonna go back to playing QuakeDS now. >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.