How about some good feedback?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by juancarlos234, Jan 12, 2008.

Jan 12, 2008
  1. juancarlos234
    OP

Newcomer juancarlos234 Member

United Kingdom
    THe DSTT is my first DS Flash whatever it's actually called nowadays.

It's so awesome, if it was in human form I'd have sex with it. Unfortunately, the holes just a tiny bit too small at the moment.

Anyway, I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Had a bit of a kerfuffle when I first got it (Didn't come with the actual files, plus the whole R4DS CHANGED THEIR NAME THANKS TO CHINESE LAWS thing) but aart from that, it's absolutely brilliant. The only game I haven't been able to play using it is Contra 4, and I'm trying out a different ROM as we speak.

Homebrew works great, autopatching ftw. Got Lameboy on it, and I'll have a look around for different apps when I get the chance.

There hasn't been a day I haven't used my DS since I got this wonderful thing, I've actually stopped playing my 360 because of it. Was right in the middle of Mass Effect and everything.

In short, (From a first time user) the DSTT is awesome. Also, make a slightly larger hole in it plz. Or just send someone with DSTT tattooed on their forehead round my way, either way I'm happy.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    What?

3. juancarlos234
    OP

United Kingdom
    I originally intended to buy an R4, but had no idea where to get one from.

Tried out a Google sponsored link, and ordered one. A few days later I got a DSTT and a little slip of paper saying R4 had to chage their name to DSTT due to Chinese Laws.

I noticed a post on here about it a while back, so I thought it was a well-known thing. Apparently not.

4. ndsdave

Newcomer ndsdave Advanced Member

Australia
    DSTT has worked well for me. It's easy to use and setup. I haven't encountered any real issues with the firmware - That's not to say that it can be improved as time goes on. On the odd occasion the card may have to be ejected and re inserted because the ds doesn't see it, but that's no big deal. Thumbs up for the DSTT. A trap for new players is the spring loaded Micro SD slot, but once you know how to use it, I don't see it as a problem. I'd recommend the DSTT.

5. Pulse

Newcomer Pulse Member

Canada
    ^not sure if this is really true
    they lied to u lol
    because they had no R4DS in stock they sent you the $30 DSTT see how much you paid for it.

6. Omgwtfisthat

Member Omgwtfisthat GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah I agree with Pulse they lied. BUT I LOVE DSTT!!!!

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yes, as far as I can tell, the R4 is not the same thing as the DSTT. They don't use the same firmware or anything.

-Bri

8. rcm1

Newcomer rcm1 Member

Malaysia
    lol wut?

DSTT is the reincarnation of R4?

9. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    The DSTT and R4 are made by completely different teams. Whoever sold you the cart is lying; most likely in hopes to prevent you from filing a complaint.

You may not care since you received an arguably equal or better flashcart, but its still something you should know.

10. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    And I think that post about it was how that story is false and the store was trying to rip people off.

11. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, there was a post on here about it a couple weeks ago. The store was ripping people off.

But the original poster sounds pretty happy with the DSTT, so no harm I guess.

12. juancarlos234
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I know they were lying, thats the point XD

Hell, I think the DSTT is awesome, that's all that matters. If only I could find a Contra 4 ROM that works...

13. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  14. bluebright

Member bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I love mine. I'll use it as dedicated media cart since it has HCSD. Homebrew on it is great too. Um, I'd still recommend an M3 though. Those things are just a dream to use an look at. UI is very important.

15. juancarlos234
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm ot too worried about UI. Way I see it, I only spend like 3 seconds looking at it anyway, since I just go straight into playing games. Plus custom themes help.

Thanks for the Contra save, gunna try it out now:D

Gunna get an SDHC card in a few days, 1GB just isn't enough XD

EDIT - Contra now works perfectly, thanks so much [​IMG]

16. woof811

Newcomer woof811 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    @MudahBoris
    about the contra game , dont know if its a firmware thing or not but i put firmware v1.07 on my dstt and it worked no problem .
    maybe it was the old v1.06 that contra wouldnt work with .
    woof811. [​IMG]

17. Darkon

Newcomer Darkon Member

Canada
    I'm currently using a DSTT 1.07 with a 4GB SDHC Card and I have yet to run into any sort of problem with any game. I've already beat Contra 4 without a single error.

18. juancarlos234
    OP

United Kingdom
    Odd, I'm getting the problem I had with Contra 4, but on Myst DS now. If anyone has a save of that, it would be greatly appreciated.

19. twit21

Member twit21 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just got my DSTT today and I freakin love it! Haven't experienced any of the problems with booting it up that I've seen posted here, and even my skins look fantastic! I really outdid myself with that FFXII skin, actually....

...anyway...um, yeah. I'm gonna go back to playing QuakeDS now. >.>