Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hot: Wii Homebrew Loader!
ELF Loader by Team Twiizers
Remember the news that was broken just a few days ago? Well, that's it! Team Twiizers have just released the very first ELF Loader for Wii, exploiting the Zelda savegame hack.
You can even download a homebrew Tetris game to run from your SD card!

Explanation on the Zelda savegame hack @ Wiibrew.org said:
The Twilight Hack works by employing a lengthly character name for the horse in the game ('Epona') in order to facilitate a stack smash. This gets triggered when talking to the man next to you when you start the savegame as he loads the name to use it in his dialog or upon entering the next zone when the game loads the horse for you to ride.
Well what can we say? Congratulations to Team Twiizers for their amazing work, and let's hope some nice Wii homebrew will pop up in a near future!
Stay tuned on GBAtemp.net as we will do our best to cover Wii homebrew news!

icon11.gif
Check the Wiki page on Wiibrew.org for details and downloads
icon11.gif
Click here for discussion & comments!

Thanks to maikelsteneker for the tip. Digg this article!

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VERY awesome then. The Wii has a massive base, hopefully in the next few months we see emulators, media players, and maybe even backup loaders!

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this a "soft" hack? IE, do you need a chip?
All you need is an SD gecko or similar adapter for your SD card to fit into the gamecube memory card slot...
I'll wait until they find a way to access the built-in SD card reader..

I hope this will lead to a full Wii hack eventually...until then a semi-brick remover and dual-channel-remover would be much appreciated
rofl2.gif

PS: what happened to the other Wii hack from the "backdoor eins" guy? IIRC it'd allow you to decode Wii ISOs and re-sign them...that way it should be possible to create a homebrew loader disc that doesn't need any savegame trickery...

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to sound negative ... but I seriously doubt there will be a MAMEWii anytime soon. Softmod in the future maybe, but most of you are really having high hopes. It's not as simple as OMG EXPLOIT UNSIGNED CODE now we have SOFTMODS and WII Media Center!!1

Again, not trying to be an ass. But you all need to be a bit realistic here.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Load the supplied demo.elf file onto the SD card, starting at sector 2048; in other words, the 1 MB mark. On a Unix system (Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, etc), you can accomplish this with a command such as 'dd if=demo.elf of=/dev/diskname bs=512 seek=2048'.
Ok then, how exactly does one go about this using Windows?
tongue.gif
Excuse my ignorance, but I'd like to give it a try! Will it work with other ELF files or only tetris?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One word is needed for this to reach epic win status: MAMEWii
Yeah, MAME definitely lacks some decent console ports...especially now that MAME32 is dead
cry.gif

Personally I'm more looking forward to emulators with "lightgun" support (Nyko Perfect Shot + calibration option = fuck yeah), but I guess that'll take at least another year to happen, if at all (but seeing how there even were emulators with actual lightgun support on the XBox, why not?)...playing games like Mario Paint or Cannon Fodder with the Wiimote should be fun...
Needless to say, a ScummVM port would be kick-ass

But also consider the possibilities of homebrew games...headtracking on the Wii might finally become reality
bow.gif

Maybe some ambitioned homebrew devs might even take their time to create games (or demos) that demonstrate the Wiimote's true potential (think about games with controls similar to Jurassic Park: Trespasser's or Die by the Sword's, only in 3D thanks to the Wiimote [click links for descriptions of the controls])
Of course, that's a bit much to ask for from homebrew developers, but who knows, if someone creates some demo game with 3D controls that work, it might inspire a commercial developer to adapt these controls in their games (which I was expecting from the Wii controls in the first place
frown.gif
)

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It soon gets exploited so much people can run back-ups with this alone. >_>
I'll go try it on both my Wiis now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum