Horror-inspired 'Pinball M' revealed

Screenshot_2023-09-01-21-55-08-697_com.microsoft.office.outlook.png

Zen Studios have announced a new digital pinball game, Pinball M, which draws inspirations from the horror genre. A reveal trailer accompanied the announcement:

Pinball M will launch with five tables inspired by horror IPs, including Chucky’s Killer Pinball, Dead by Daylight Pinball and Zen’s own Wrath of the Elder Gods Director's Cut. The game is currently in development for pC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not particularly an advertisement, I just felt it was fair to call the game actually fun to play. Also buying all the tables is incredibly cheap compared to other developers (looking at you, ATGames…).

Downside is that other developers on the Switch pinball thing will make you purchase the game and give you ALL tables with it. For some reason, MFN/ZZZ does not. All I wanted to do is hand out accuracy instead of forcing someone to spend money on something they may hate. Or on something that is not at all what they expected.

Which game were you thinking of, that when you buy it, they give you all of the tables?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which game were you thinking of, that when you buy it, they give you all of the tables?
ZZZ/MFN Zaccaria Pinball. I bought it when it first came out and I had to drop $1 for each one. I have them all but having the surgery I had earlier has me kind of messed up and unaware go to verify that I actually paid for them all.

Note to everyone: if you can avoid it, do not damage your ear and then never get it fixed. I have now had two surgeries and I still cannot hear out of it and they will do an ear/skull surgery next week to ensure all of my ear parts are correct. If yes and still deaf… I get hearing aids that left hears and sends to right. I hope the surgeries work though because I’m over being in the hospital. Also in pain drugs because… Well because I need them.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ZZZ/MFN Zaccaria Pinball. I bought it when it first came out and I had to drop $1 for each one. I have them all but having the surgery I had earlier has me kind of messed up and unaware go to verify that I actually paid for them all.

Note to everyone: if you can avoid it, do not damage your ear and then never get it fixed. I have now had two surgeries and I still cannot hear out of it and they will do an ear/skull surgery next week to ensure all of my ear parts are correct. If yes and still deaf… I get hearing aids that left hears and sends to right. I hope the surgeries work though because I’m over being in the hospital. Also in pain drugs because… Well because I need them.

Okay. I think with all the pinball game platforms that have multiple tables, they all do the DLC "microtransaction" thing. It makes sense as these platforms should have a way forward to add more tables. For the games that are "retired" (FX3, TPA, Zaccaria), they should just do the courtesy of assembling an all-in-one discounted package at their EOL. This is my opinion for most games in general.

Sorry to hear read about your injury. I hope your surgeries work out well and you have a good recovery.

Reactions: BigOnYa and rcpd

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I think with all the pinball game platforms that have multiple tables, they all do the DLC "microtransaction" thing. It makes sense as these platforms should have a way forward to add more tables. For the games that are "retired" (FX3, TPA, Zaccaria), they should just do the courtesy of assembling an all-in-one discounted package at their EOL. This is my opinion for most games in general.

Sorry to hear read about your injury. I hope your surgeries work out well and you have a good recovery.
That actually sounds like how things go now, so you may be correct. I know it wasn’t correct when I purchased Zaccaria, but that doesn’t mean it’s isn’t correct now. So thank you for helping me! I really appreciate it, my friend!

Reactions: tabzer

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was in no way needed IMO. it's just an added gimmick for pinball FX. also where the FUCK is the pinball battle royal. i miss the PS3 day's where you can play online 4-way to see who get's the highest score.....

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm excited for the Switch version. Anyone here play it on Steam/PC/Console yet. First impressions? Is it just like FX?

Pinball M has a lot of things that people who were fans of FX3 voiced disappointment about regarding FX not having. It uses the same physics engine as FX, which I particularly find to be on par with Visual Pinball. Visual Pinball sometimes has a better sense of the weight of the ball, but I believe that the physics quality is dependent on the quality of the tables. @Bladexdsl obviously doesn't want to say it out loud, but there are tons of shitty tables for Visual Pinball. Likewise, some tables in FX play better than others.

As for VPX, this guy makes some good tables (check files tab):

https://vpuniverse.com/profile/40692-vpinworkshop

Back to Pinball M, it does have challenge, reward, and upgrade systems that make playing pinball feel more rewarding. Even moreso than FX3. This is also something that Visual Pinball lacks. It's also a Mature rating game, enabling it to receive pinball tables that would otherwise be censored or blocked from FX.

I personally enjoy spending money on pinball. However, I don't want to encourage Zens cash grabs. I buy all new Williams tables immediately, and I wait for sales on their original content and repeat content. I want to show them where my personal demand is. I did end up buying the Pinball M package. I don't regret it.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here have this on the Switch yet? How do you enable cabinet mode/ rotate screen for the Switch version?
EDIT: Nevermind, they added it to the latest update. V 1.0.1 . Yeppie Yay!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work