Horrible Kingston

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mrxle3, Mar 2, 2007.

1. mrxle3
    OP

mrxle3 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2006
    United States
    California
    So after nearly 2 weeks, I still haven't received my replacement microSD card from Kingston. Sent in the Taiwanese one for a Japanese one, and now my R4 has been sitting collecting dust.

2. wuka

wuka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2006
    When I sent in a card recently, it took about 7 days w/ free shipping both ways. But that was a straight replacement for a broken card. I didn't request a Japanese version... maybe they handle that differently. 2 weeks sounds like they lost it though... Call them up I guess.

3. mrxle3
    OP

mrxle3 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2006
    United States
    California
    Oops I forgot to mention the source of my anger. So they told me 2 weeks ago that the Japanese card was on backorder...that's fine and understandable. However, after I called today, I found out from the lady on the phone that my card had actually been sitting on one of the techie's desk for 9 days already. 9 days. After a round of apologies I just hung up. I SHOULD receive the card on Monday, but considering their poor service I don't have my hopes up.

4. DEF-

DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2003
    Sweden
    Probally better to search for a store where you are guaranteed a Japanese Kingston right away, instead of doing the swap.

But yeah, bad customer service to have it sitting there for 9 days without getting it done. Should have been an extremly easy swap.

5. pcsoon

pcsoon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2007
    United States
    I've boughten two cards from kingston.com on separate orders. Both have been Japanese and took less than a week to get them.

6. darksavior

darksavior GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2006
    United States
    Last week my taiwan microsd wouldn't read anymore..so on monday i went to the RMA website and filled it out how it was defective and needed a new one. I also requested a japanese version, pointing out the differences, how its unfair. Got a reply on wednesday. well today's friday and a japanese microsd came in the mail [​IMG]

I did the advance replacement. Which means the credit card will be charged $13 if I don't send mine in 10days after getting the replacement. I'll send mine soon. They'll pay for the fedex shipping. I suggest whoever sends their back also do this. Money talks. Even for kingston.

7. mrxle3
    OP

mrxle3 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2006
    United States
    California
    I did the advanced replacement as well. They should pay ME $13 for my troubles [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice