GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Wired only? What year is it? 2002?
I do like wired controllers tbh. Not needing charge and all. Wireless controllers either use AA/AAA batteries or rechargeable batteries. I quite liked the DS3, I don't remember the last time I needed to charge it. The DS4, on the other hand.... god, awful battery life. Being used to the DS3 and wired controllers made me hate that on the DS4.

Also, wired controllers tend to have a significantly longer cable than the charging cable provided with wireless controllers. I know I haven't used my DS3, while I do use my Battlefield 4 PS3 wired controller.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They want to distance themselves as much as possible from the Wii-brand.
Yes , they are doing a good job so far and its a good thing.

AFAIK it's actually removable, so probably just four buttons underneath like the joy cons.
Yea there is guides for other controllers on changing the dpads.
Im sure someone will hack one up and make on for the joycon.
Just wait people will be tearing them down and rebuilding them how they please.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
TURBO IS THE ONLY REASON TO HAVE THIS CONTRAPTION. :toot:
Now we wait for hori fight sticks. :P
Least this time if they make fight sticks (hopefully) they'll have USB ports rather than the awkward Wii Classic Controller ports (Tekken Tag 2 fight stick by Hori). The Switch has tons of potential.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Least this time if they make fight sticks (hopefully) they'll have USB ports rather than the awkward Wii Classic Controller ports (Tekken Tag 2 fight stick by Hori). The Switch has tons of potential.
Well is not like nintendo had much support in fighting games out side some few experimental ones. Not the games were bad, just goes unnoiticed. Tatsunoko vs capcom, on wii, Tekken tag tournement 2 on wii u, Pokken tournement, smash bros gets dominated by the other choices and only seem to be popular on other systems, even 3DS has a few like Super street fighter 4 3D (Hope someone can add mods) Tekken Hybrid, Dead or alive demensions, Blazblue continumm shift. Smash bros again dominates as most played, Is hardly any reason why fight sticks are on nintendo consoles. Good thing that HID to vpad homebrew exist, now you can play smash bros with fight stick, someone wanna try that? :P

baller4eva14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wired is perfectly fine. We fighting game competitors prefer wired controllers for lag input reasons. What I care about is this, how did a 3rd party make a cheaper controller so fast before the consoles release? If that's the case, I'd prefer an adapter so I could either use my 360 controller or PS4. Sorry, but they are the best controllers.

Gamecube > Smash and Zelda ;)
360 and PS4 > Casual Games
Arcade Stick > Fighting Games

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I feel like I'm the only one that likes that D-Pad

I actually did it too ...They look reeealy comfortable with those rounded corners and flatter design. Its base was leveled and raised a bit though... what is something that I don't have a opinion about (I would have to test it first to have a proper opinion).

People are looking to it and thinking that Hori got a Xbox360 D-pad and implanted it here ...what is retarded

Reactions: Ricken
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
People are looking to it and thinking that Hori got a Xbox360 D-pad and implanted it here ...what is retarded
It's not retarded.

Here's a comparison of Hori's d-pads versus Xbox 360:

Hori's Super Smash Bros. controller:

horibattlepadwiiumariojpg-c2d7b7_480w.jpg

Hori's Switch Pro Controller:

1484086209-1573105-game-controllers-spelbesturing-hori-wired-controller-pad-nintendo-switch-nsw-001u1.jpg

Xbox 360 controller:

2740971b-1f03-4cad-9a3b-5ff0e287a87e.jpg

The Hori Switch controller d-pad clearly is more alike Xbox than it is their past works and that's not a good thing at all.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do like wired controllers tbh. Not needing charge and all. Wireless controllers either use AA/AAA batteries or rechargeable batteries. I quite liked the DS3, I don't remember the last time I needed to charge it. The DS4, on the other hand.... god, awful battery life. Being used to the DS3 and wired controllers made me hate that on the DS4.

Also, wired controllers tend to have a significantly longer cable than the charging cable provided with wireless controllers. I know I haven't used my DS3, while I do use my Battlefield 4 PS3 wired controller.
Agreed. I even made a whole thread on codewalr.us complaining about the fact I couldn't find a decent wired controller lol :P
The DS4 is actually the best wired controller I found. Except that it isn't supposed to be wired (and according to what you said, it does an awful job at being wireless?) so that's why it's too expensive and too power-hungry for my needs... but apart from that, it has all the buttons I need and even more.

Seems like that Hori controller works too (if it has 4 triggers, I can't see with that angle) and it's less expensive... Not sure if it is as comfortable and works on a Pi but at least it has enough buttons and a wire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu