Hacking honest opinion

marrittm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i have read through all card forums and its made me even more unsure now, basicly i want a decent card that wont packup after few days but i want to keep price as low as possible also i want one with ease of use. i have looked at the R4, DSTT, and the EDGE so which honestly would you recomend and best place to get one. i have looked at dealextreme but if there is anywhere else that are trustworthy please tell.. my order of preference are[*]price[*]quality[*]ease of use (set up and loading games onto it) also do you laod all games the same on all different makes of card or do they differ?

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
1.Price would be the cheapest online
2.it is a clone of cyclo ds with out the features
3.if you know how to get ds roms and drag and drop then is its all good

bullfrogegg8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. DSTT would win this one but the other two are so close it should not matter
2. I think Edge wins this because it is almost as durable as a real game
3. All three are very easy to set up

R4 is pretty much dead, not a lot of updates and lots of fakes around. DSTTs are cheap but they also have many fakes around. There are no edge fakes but it is $20 dollars. The Edge is what i would go with. You would probably be happy with it.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DealExtreme has Acekard 2.1: Price $11, Team updates frequently, but it's not as durable...

As long as your not going nut's and throwing it everywhere... It's a good card.

Be sure the picture says 2.1!!
The older ones seem to have a problem with the SD fitting in...
EDIT:But if it's a choice between R4, DSTT, and EDGE then i would say EDGE

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I generally agree with bullfrogegg8, but:
I would not consider an R4 or any of its clones because dstt is cheaper and better.
$6.72 for an original (real) dstt
$11.80 for the best dstt clone
I would happily pay the difference for the EDGE:
$17.36 for EDGE (and worth every cent!)
I had an AK2 and I did not like it, but I think it would surely be a better choice than any R4.
I used to be an R4 fan, but the original company is gone and there is no support.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DX is hving problems with supplying fake cards even if you order from the real sku. so if you the the DSTT get it from somewhere else. Every other card is okay to order from their though.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
on the dstt you have a spring in the microsd slot = fail.

edge is the winner, regular updates and the card is almost unbreakable.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know you posted this on the Edge forum, so essentially you're going to get a lot of people saying that the Edge is the best. Indeed the Edge is by far the best of the three you've mentioned.

That said, the Acekard 2.1 is not only cheaper than the Edge, but it also has a better menu system (in fact, one of the best menu systems of any flash cart at any price). The Edge is indeed a little sturdier, but unless you're going to be throwing your flash cart across the room, the Acekard 2.1 is a better choice in my opinion.

-Bri

Joshunar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I use a ds firecard from dealextreme and it has worked perfectly for the 6 months i have had it. Memory is already built in and it is very easy to use. you just drag and drop files without the need of dldi. it was also very cheap. the 8Gbit (1 GB) is under $30 and you can double the memory for less than 10 more dollars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked