Homebrew Homemenuhax V2.1 - Support for FW's 10.2-10.3!

Cat Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the github page states that I could ditch the payload files, but it didn't work when I tried to execute it. which files can I exclude?

Pretty sure all you need is to have the boot.3dsx file on your SD's root, along with the 3DS folder which should have the homemenuhax manager folder.

Cat Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBAt----

how is this your first post you've been here for over eight months

Lol, thanks for the welcome I appreciate it. I haven't been on here in a long while, part procrastinating part school and such. But with the new news that's been going on I've decided to get more active and learn what I can about everything here!

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, thanks for the welcome I appreciate it. I haven't been on here in a long while, part procrastinating part school and such. But with the new news that's been going on I've decided to get more active and learn what I can about everything here!
Well, okay then! Welcome to GBAtemp; find a home, don't distribute warez and shitpost as much as you can.

D

Deleted-236924

the github page states that I could ditch the payload files, but it didn't work when I tried to execute it. which files can I exclude?
You need to have the right payload at the root of your SD card still.

I'm pretty sure that referred to getting rid of any old payloads from previous installations of menuhax (1.0-1.3) because the name of the payloads changed between every version.

You need to keep the one on the SD card that's named as such: "ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds.bin"
The last part will change depending on your 3DS version. It'll say EUR for you, and the 5 numbers depend on your firmware version. Last part is old3ds/new3ds obviously. :P

Re-install menuhax to have it place the right payload at the root of your SD card again and it should work. You can get rid of any other menuhax ropbin payloads you may have that aren't that name (or if you already deleted them then you wouldn't need to since they're already deleted.)

xxvelocityxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I got Homebrew channel working on My 3ds but it's only showing "Region free launcher" and nothing else. I dont see saver manger or Menuhax. Need help

xxvelocityxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im pretty sure, But i dont know where I've gone wrong. I put the 3ds folder into the original 3ds Nintendo folder. That didn't work so I emptied the contents and that doesnt work either. might of done something wrong though

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Im pretty sure, But i dont know where I've gone wrong. I put the 3ds folder into the original 3ds Nintendo folder. That didn't work so I emptied the contents and that doesnt work either. might of done something wrong though
you need to put the "3ds" folder into the root of your sd card (next to the nintendo 3ds folder)

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy. Crap. I am so out of touch. Browserhax AND menuhax for 10.3, with memchunkhax coming soon to let anyone downgrade to 9.x? Pinch me. I have so much good news for my friends.

Reactions: 4ur0r

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy. Crap. I am so out of touch. Browserhax AND menuhax for 10.3, with memchunkhax coming soon to let anyone downgrade to 9.x? Pinch me. I have so much good news for my friends.
I'm still very new to this scene, what extra benefits or advantages will we have by downgrading our system to 9.x?

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still very new to this scene, what extra benefits or advantages will we have by downgrading our system to 9.x?

Firmware above 9.2 prevents the use of any of the more powerful tools such as rxTools, preventing a lot of unsigned code (including the use of an EmuNAND, or anything you can install to the Home Menu, such as .cia homebrew and copied games) from working at all. There's "arm9 kernel access" and "arm11 kernel access", with arm11 being more restrictive. On anything above 9.2, arm9 kernel access is currently impossible, but with the upcoming memchunkhax, we can downgrade to 9.2 and get full control again.

Bouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im on 10.3 and got this to work should I install the oot3dhax exploit? Would that be pointless, or a good idea? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I would like to keep this running on my 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: +1