Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrewcast: Episode 5
Now released feat. MR_COW and TeenDev!
hbc_header.png
No, not the GBAtemp Podcast (which is on a temporary hiatus) -- This is episode five of the freshly relaunched Homebrewcast featuring homebrew enthusiasts MR_COW and TeenDev. In this instalment the guys are discussing our very own Homebrew Bounty. So if you want to 'Give It A Listen', just follow the link below.

icon11.gif
 Homepage

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
damn i want to listen but i can't download anything that size when im so close to exceeding my internet bandwidth limit.

will download within 2 days.

Skyler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On your next podcast, stop fumbling about with your mics, and PREPARE your content.

Not a rant, I really want to listen but... I couldn't get past the first 5-10 mins.
You've someone in the background agreeing to every sentence spoken and someone else moving microphones or something. "yeah, umhmm, yah, er, uhuh, indeed..."
record it and spend the next 30 seconds putting it through a noise filter to remove the constant humming/buzz.
I couldn't take anymore.
wink.gif

You've got the content and you've got the power of the Intarweb.
You can make what you have a kajillion times better.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
oh so that was you, dominic/k ? I was wondering. Your english is really good.
Thanks
smile.gif
. Well, my official name according to the papers and czech spelling of the name is Dominik, I don't mind either way but actually I'm quite used to MagNet aswell.

@ Skyler: We'll try. Not that I can really speak for anyone but me but the preparations can be carried out by anybody who has access to the google docs show document so even if I put more time in it, I guess it would show. I have no direct influence on the editing part but I'd say MR COW doesn't have a reason to not apply a denoise filter. Oh and I'll refrain from moving my mike to put stuff in my mouth (like tea).

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyler said:
On your next podcast, stop fumbling about with your mics, and PREPARE your content.

Not a rant, I really want to listen but... I couldn't get past the first 5-10 mins.
You've someone in the background agreeing to every sentence spoken and someone else moving microphones or something. "yeah, umhmm, yah, er, uhuh, indeed..."
record it and spend the next 30 seconds putting it through a noise filter to remove the constant humming/buzz.
I couldn't take anymore.
wink.gif

You've got the content and you've got the power of the Intarweb.
You can make what you have a kajillion times better.

Yeah. I don't think the show is for you then.

In previous episodes we have stated:

We aren't professionals, we aren't getting anything for doing this, it is just a hobby. What I have found out from podcasting is that the more you make it work, the less likely you are to care about doing it. I'd love to have the ability to speak without ums and such that people that are professional do, but I don't.

Now we were more unprepared than usual and the quality was a little worse(I'll do the noise filter, although I never liked the way it makes the voices sound), but we suck and never have said anything else haha. It's a amateur talk show. Some people like it, some don't.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MagNetCZ said:
Costello said:
oh so that was you, dominic/k ? I was wondering. Your english is really good.
Thanks
smile.gif
. Well, my official name according to the papers and czech spelling of the name is Dominik, I don't mind either way but actually I'm quite used to MagNet aswell.

@ Skyler: We'll try. Not that I can really speak for anyone but me but the preparations can be carried out by anybody who has access to the google docs show document so even if I put more time in it, I guess it would show. I have no direct influence on the editing part but I'd say MR COW doesn't have a reason to not apply a denoise filter. Oh and I'll refrain from moving my mike to put stuff in my mouth (like tea).

Whoah :wtf: magnet from neocompo? Wow, nice you were certainly my favorite caster. Hands down! Will you do hbcast regularly now magnet? If yes that would be awesome.
biggrin.gif

Although im still not a fan of hbcast, this episode is the best so far and the most memorable too.

We are, we are the saints
We signed our life away
Doesn't matter what you think
We're gonna do it anyway

Too awesome!
yaynds.gif
Kudos!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for any of the podcasts that the Temper boards come up with... is there a place to put my name in a hat to be a contributer/extra voice on the show? Or is it something that gets set up amongst people getting to know each other, and randomly talk about doing it?

Really, i'm asking because i've done random podcasts in the past, and it'd be fun to be a part of doing one of these
wink.gif

(but i can't set up my own do to time/space... although i'd love to)

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WildWon said:
So, for any of the podcasts that the Temper boards come up with... is there a place to put my name in a hat to be a contributer/extra voice on the show? Or is it something that gets set up amongst people getting to know each other, and randomly talk about doing it?

Really, i'm asking because i've done random podcasts in the past, and it'd be fun to be a part of doing one of these
wink.gif

(but i can't set up my own do to time/space... although i'd love to)
Email your application to [email protected], that's what I did. I think that we can actually use any helping hand available. Anyway you'll prolly be invited on one show and if MR COW and Teendev decide you don't completely suck they'll allow you to come to the next shows aswell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.