Homebrew Homebrew wont launch on V 6.1

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide step by step found in https://3ds.guide and used the browser version

I added all the files the way it instructed however when I launch Homebrew it stays stuck in the Nintendo 3DS loading screen.
This is what my SD root looks like after following all the steps
kC4Rl4B.png

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't make duplicate threads, reported the other one so keep the conversation to this one.

Now, what part of the guide are you at exactly? Did you finish with everything?

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I was in the finalization part, however for some reason it seems i skipped over completely the update section, so i am doing that now

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well I was in the finalization part, however for some reason it seems i skipped over completely the update section, so i am doing that now
Make sure you didn't skip over anything else first, then do the update. Follow the steps exactly as shown and there shouldn't be any problems. If you encounter a problem like black screen, make sure to check and see if it has a "troubleshoot" option right under that step in the guide.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i did a triple check on everything else. What I think I did , Is skip that section since it had bubbles about whether we had done something previously and since this was my first go at it, I figured that whole section was not meant for me :/

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah i did a triple check on everything else. What I think I did , Is skip that section since it had bubbles about whether we had done something previously and since this was my first go at it, I figured that whole section was not meant for me :/
No, that's for people who used to have CFW and backups, just follow the steps thoroughly, you should never need to skip an entire category.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok awesome, so it worked however now im in the Godmode section. It instructs:

1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
Is that during a full 3DS boot? if so i tried but it just loads the 3DS normally

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok awesome, so it worked however now im in the Godmode section. It instructs:

1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
Is that during a full 3DS boot? if so i tried but it just loads the 3DS normally
Try pressing and holding start before turning on your system.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try pressing and holding start before turning on your system.

awesome that worked! Thanks!

No, that's for people who used to have CFW and backups, just follow the steps thoroughly, you should never need to skip an entire category.

thank you too!

Final question, Not sure if its an appropriate one.

Now that I have completed this guide. Do I need a flashcard?

If not, then do I create a New folder in the SD root to add rom files, or how what would my next steps be to get some gaming on?

Reactions: ThoD

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome that worked! Thanks!

thank you too!

Final question, Not sure if its an appropriate one.

Now that I have completed this guide. Do I need a flashcard?

If not, then do I create a New folder in the SD root to add rom files, or how what would my next steps be to get some gaming on?
Your games in .cia form can go in any folder you wish (I wouldn't recommend putting them in the Nintendo 3DS folder). Use FBI to install them like you did with the CIAs in the guide. You only need a flashcard if you want to play DS games. You could look into TWLoader, but the compatibility is kinda slim on that (it is getting better however) and I would recommend the flashcard.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your games in .cia form can go in any folder you wish (I wouldn't recommend putting them in the Nintendo 3DS folder). Use FBI to install them like you did with the CIAs in the guide. You only need a flashcard if you want to play DS games. You could look into TWLoader, but the compatibility is kinda slim on that (it is getting better however) and I would recommend the flashcard.

on the guide i did the install and delete, is that something i do as well with them for cia, or do i just do install?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the guide i did the install and delete, is that something i do as well with them for cia, or do i just do install?
Install and delete if you want to save space on your SD card or just install them. It doesn't matter, but if you install them without deleting them, you'll need twice the SD card space.

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install and delete if you want to save space on your SD card or just install them. It doesn't matter, but if you install them without deleting them, you'll need twice the SD card space.

am I able to add emulators such as NES, SNES, SEGA, etc...?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I able to add emulators such as NES, SNES, SEGA, etc...?
Yes, you could install those as .cias as well. There are converters here in the ROM hacking section or you could find them on a certain iso site (cannot mention the name nor link to it as it's against the rules). Literally Google search "that iso site". You'll have to make an account.

Reactions: ThoD

stryfe1986

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you could install those as .cias as well. There are converters here in the ROM hacking section or you could find them on a certain iso site (cannot mention the name nor link to it as it's against the rules). Literally Google search "that iso site". You'll have to make an account.

am I able to convert .3ds files to cia?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1